icon

dei viper 600esp acting up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blazer22 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
alright here we go.... i spent hours on this alarm trying to get it to work. i hooked everything up in a 98 cherokee and when i arm it the doors wont lock, the horn wont honk but the parking lights flash. assuming i had positive dome light i tapped into the positive wire of it, but of course it didnt set the alarm off after it was armed and i opened the doors so i swapped it to the negative wire assuming that was the problem, and of course it didnt work. so now the only way to set the alarm off after it is armed is by shock sensor, which would be good and all if the siren worked. the siren itself isnt getting 12 volts but has a good ground. any dei experts in here that know something that i am missing that i should have done after the installation (this is my first dei installation.) and does anybody have a diagram of the way the relays should be on a 3 wire negative. i wired it up like the diagram on here said and then i wired it up like some guy told me (basically the only difference between the 2 diagrams was the lock relay where i had to swap the fused 12+ and the lock wire) thanks people. :)
avxtech 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,   in the 98' cherokees's you need to add relays to the lock outputs to strengthen the ground.  Wire the relays like this:  85- neg. lock output from alarm. 86- 12V constant, 87- ground,  30- to lock wires in the truck. (you'll need 2 relays, one for lock, one for unlock).

Your door trigger is definetly negative and the color wire is yellow and can be found behind the headlight switch or in the drivers kick.

Your siren should always have ground. But the red wire should only go hot when the alarm is triggered.\

Good Luck, hope this helped.

blazer22 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
avxtech wrote:

Hi,   in the 98' cherokees's you need to add relays to the lock outputs to strengthen the ground.  Wire the relays like this:  85- neg. lock output from alarm. 86- 12V constant, 87- ground,  30- to lock wires in the truck. (you'll need 2 relays, one for lock, one for unlock).

hey thankyou for your response, alright i got everything working and i didnt need relays for the locks, thats why it took me so long to get it working because i was using relays in every kind of possible combination. but of course the horn still does not work, the control unit isnt sending any power to it when it should. ive unplugged the control unit and letting it sit overnight to see if it will reset itself (this is what i heard works sometimes) oh well, ill try to seewhats going on. thanks for your help though. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic