icon

Accessory terminal receives no power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadowrated 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a newb so please bear with me.. I've tried search but no help.

I was swapping decks when by accident, i let my live terminal (battery) touch the accessory terminal (ignition switch). I suppose I created a short because I didn't have current coming from either wire anymore. My radio fuse was blown so I replaced it.  I now have current coming through the live terminal but I don't have any current coming from the accessory terminal. I've checked ALL my fuses and they seem fine. How do I get current from the accessory terminal?!?! (Don't worry, I've turned the ignition on).  The car is a 96 Golf in case you need to know.  I don't understand, does my ignition have a fuse somewhere else?

Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
recheck your fuses, try a continuity check on the fuses again check for fuses under the dash and fuses under the hood check all the fuses, ive seen fuses that dont look blown but are bad.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sure you do have a blown fuse somewhere.  You may need to get the wiring diagram for your car to find which it is.  This is a good reminder for everyone (and a lesson for you) to always disconnect your battery when working on a car's electrical system.
avxtech 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

hi, sounds to me like the wire you thought was your acc wire is not.  If you accidentaly touched the bat wire and acc wire it shouldnt blow a fuse. Most Golf's have an orange acc wire,  but that depends on which trim the car is. If you can tell me what wire your using, maybe I can tell you what it really is. VW's can be a little weird if you have the powered roof antenna.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic