icon

97 ranger remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slednboard 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
my 97 Ford Ranger has a factory installed Anti-theft system. Can someone tell me what type it is? What do I need to override it in order to install my remote starter? Thanks...
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
the factory alarm is just a perimeter alarm in 97 they did not have the pats system on the ranger yet. if you open the door and lock it with the door panel the theft light will go on solid and then you shut the door. when the light begins to flash avery few seconds the alarm is armed. If you only use the the aftermarket remote to operate the locks you should have no problems. If you want to use the shut down wire i believe it is a green purple in the drivers door... if you do not mind taking the door panel of just look for the wire at the key cylinder.
slednboard 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the info. i installed the system today, and it works great. i thought i read somewhere how to be able to use the factory remote door unlocks while the remote starter has the engine running. can someone help me with that? i don't want to take the door panels off to install the door unlock system for the remote starter. not now, anyway, too cold outside!
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

pink/green and pink / YELLOW high up in the drivers side kick panel are ur keyless wires, you may have to hook up disarm if u add keyless tho, test ur car to see if you need to, lock the door w/ the button, wait 30-60 sec, reach inside the window and open the door, if u get honk honk, u'll have to find that darkgren/purple wire to disarm. best of luck

Eric

italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
the GREEN/ purple factory alarm disarm wire is low in the driver kick panel.  and its a negative trigger.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic