icon

experience with Autostart product?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

to all those faithful Autostart installers out there...has anybody noticed a large increase in the amount of problems your having with Autostart products this season?  We've used AS religiously for a very long time now, with excellent luck.  This year, they've changed a bunch of things around (new models, FM, etc), and it seems we have nothing but problems.

We've had more than our fair share of 6000/6010TW/s "locking up" and not programming, units with between one and ALL outputs dead out of the box.  Units with no range.  Units that won't see tach on ANY vehicle (or our test bench).  Units that when plugged in for the first time engage the heater and starter and won't let go. recall after recall.  And thats jus t in the last few weeks (and I'm NOT kidding guys)....

We're seriously debating on jumping ship...but not sure where to go from here.  Any input from other shops out there?  what has your autostart experience been like this season?  am I the only sorry bloke that is having a helluva time with this brand this year?  Its not that I don't like the product...if it works out of the box, it works extremely well and customers are happy.  Its just the darned proliferation of BUNK UNITS thats driving me crazy....

???

b

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
at my shop we have only had problems about 10 out of 100 starters.  and we even stock the recalled ones, still not very bad of a problem.  You must have gotten the bad batch, thats prolly why
whitey 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

This year I have sent back so many autostarts that I have lost track.   AS6000TW, AS6060TW,  first few I got in this year park light stayed engaged on all them. I think I had 6 in Total.  They sent me some new ones theses ones like to leave the igniton on and the vehicle running.

AS2500TW, AS2560TW no range, no outputs right out of the box.  Plug them in and they engage the starter or no ACC out.  One 2560 I pluged in just started smokeing.

So they ship me AS6010TW and AS6070TW.  Land at my store 2 days later please send them all back along with your AS2510TW and AS2570TWs as well.   NICE

AS6205SH and AS6265SH where would you like to start.  Aux harness no door locks no trunk no groundout when running.

And I get a email today saying to hold on to all my AS1725SH and AS171785SH till further notice.

lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
We've been lucky so far, had only one AS6205SH not program up.  It was due to having the wrong transmitters comming in the box.  Have heared some else had problems with AS1424 not starting in the cold, but that could have been security bypass.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
This year, my shop has had great results using AST ( www.ultrastarters.com ). Going on our 3rd winter using them. Had some issues in the past but everything has been fixed. Great range, easy to install, and inexpensive.
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

Ya, sure, YOUR shop has no problems, but our shop is one of the first ones to install the new ultrastarts. They came out with passlock modules, 6 button remotes with sliding door buttons, door lock data modules, and alldata type modules. They all came back... ALL of them.  And they are still having issues with starters.

Oh ya, and we can't use any chdlpk modules wih ultrastarts because there is too much feed-back on the lock outputs which is causing issues.

They're not so great.

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
i dropped that line a long time ago ultra starters suck the old ones lost programing so many times the customer came back because of that stupid built in shock sensor that would mysteriously reset itself(to the most sensitive) when it felt like it.It also lost tach signals would end up grinding starter phhhh and the list goes on.
I understand that this is a cheap and verry easy install but these are junk plain and simple.
The unit has no brain whatsoever the only thing that always worked on these things was the car finder mode (lol) it seems to me taht these units are verry sensitive to voltage changes and that makes them go crazy.
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  

Accually, the car finder on the new two way models only works in vibrate mode. So, that doesn't really work either. LOL

HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2003 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

but I was asking about bad luck with autostart  experience with Autostart product? -- posted image.    he he.  just wanted to verify  that we're not the only poor shop to be dealing with dead and crappy units from Autostart all the time.  I've gotten conflicting stories from my two distributors...one says they're getting returns and people jumping ship all the time, the other claims they have had next to nil...not sure who to believe.

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic