icon

kicker KX600.1 or jbl BP600.1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paper 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2003 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  

Which is better kicker KX600.1 or jbl BP600.1?

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2003 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
They are pretty close although in my opinion the JBL is a better choice. First off the JBL will put out 600+ watts at both 1 and 2 ohms. The JBL also puts out a little more power then the Kicker will, and the JBL is less expensive. But the Kicker comes with a remote bass knob and has better esthetics if that matters.
audiophyle247 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
The Kicker KX600.1 is better. The power ratings are quoted @ 13.8 volts. When you ride is running the amp rec's 14.4 volts. The more volts = more output power. My amp is a Kicker IX2302, rated @ 360watts x 2 @ 2 ohm at 12.5volts, but when my car is running it puts out 410watts x 2 @ 2 ohm(which is stated by Kicker on the Box of my amp). I'm not sure about JBL, But I do know you get what you pay for, & skimping on the amp is not a good idea. A great amp can make a sh*tty sub sound good, imagine what it can do to a great sub? Amp power ratings don't really mean sh*t. Its all about the internal goodies. A Legacy Amp rated for 1000w x 1 is about $50.00, why not buy that? Probably because you know its sh*t. I'm not saying JBL is like Legacy, however I believe Kicker has beefier internal capacitors, & steeper crossover slopes. Don't let someone tell you which to choose. Find out for yourself, visit a dealler for each.
BmpnSilvi98 
Copper - Posts: 15
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok here's the scoop JBL is not skimping on the capacitor's or any of there internal parts. JBL is also rated 600.1rms at 13.8 volts. The JBL is also 1 ohm stable something that the kicker is not if your looking for pure bass power with out all the filters and knobs go with the JBL. But if you want tunability then go with the Kicker. The only thing jbl is lacking in is there features hince the new line the bpx which has all the features but is more expensive. It's all about features or no features the jbl has 3 knobs the kicker has 8. Or you can take a look at the bpx line by jbl which is about the same price as the kicker with the same amount of features.
tunesmith 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
paper wrote:

Which is better kicker KX600.1 or jbl BP600.1?

tunesmith 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged  
 i think both are close ,i like both kicker and jbl , its a really close call imo ,i have a kicker ix 130.2 and its a reliable powerful, and clean sounding piece of equipment  and reliable too!
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

I think that JBL is a better deal when it comes to price. 

audiophyle247,  your car runs at approx 14.4 volts and it differs for each car.  You must remember that a car only give out this type of voltage when you are accelerating and there is nothing on but your radio.  Your headlights use volts, A/C, turn signals and day-time running lights if you have them. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic