icon

RS starter on a 99 Accord EX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seyemoreb 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

I am about to put a remote starter on my wifes 99 honda accord EX. It will be a crimestopper rs-999 and I plan on using the PKH2 bypass kit. My question is about the HODL Databus interface for the doors, trunk, and alarm. Do I need this? If I don't what are the advantages of using one?

Thanks in advance

Steve

HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

we tried an hodl on a 2003 Acura TL 3.2.  never did work....we ended up hitting the doorlocks, trunk and factory alarm with negative triggers, and it worked great...

we couldn't seem to find the "data" wire to connect the hodl to...the instructions were BRUTAL.

b

seyemoreb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2003 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

I am in the process of doing a RS starter on a 99 Accord EX. My question deals with the OEM alarm. I ran a disarm wire into the door and found the lock has three wires on it -  Black, Black\Red and Blue\White. There is a connector near there where Black\Red becomes Blue and the rest stay the same. Which one is the disarm?Also, I need to find the trunck release. It is supposed to be White\Red behind the fusebox, but I found two. I am not sure how to test this - can anyone help me? Should it pulse + when it is activated with the OEM remote?  The inside the car release is just a cable. Also, my data says unlock (Orange) and lock( Black\Blue), but I don't think this is right. I have not had time to test all the wires in the connector .  .  . I have to take my wife to a Christmas party. I would really appreciate any and all suggestions/advice to help to speed up my morning finish.  

Thank you in advance.

Steve

seyemoreb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

Just finished a RS installation on a 99 Honda Accord EX. When it is remote started the ABS light stays on. Any ideas.

Steve

seyemoreb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

I just tried a remote start with the key in the ignition and it is fine.

Steve

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
"Also, my data says unlock (Orange) and lock( Black\Blue), but I don't think this is right. "
Those wires are found at the passenger side fuse box in a green 20 pin connector. They will also arm and disarm the factory alarm. Test them by turning the key in the passenger door, not by using the switch on the door. If you use wires that test with the switch on either door, you won't arm the factory alarm.
Its easier to find the WHITE/ red trunk release wire in the drivers kick panel. It will test as positive when you hit unlock on the factory remote.
"Just finished a RS installation on a 99 Honda Accord EX. When it is remote started the ABS light stays on. Any ideas."
What wires did you hook up to in the ignition harness?
You should have used the following:
12volts      white       
Starter      BLACK/ white       
Notes: If doing starter kill, must interrupt the wire between the keyswitch and the fusebox, not between the fusebox and the starter, to keep the check engine light from coming on.        
Ignition      BLACK / YELLOW       
Accessory      yellow
Second Accessory      WHITE/ black       
seyemoreb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

The ABS light dosen't even come on every time. It seams to be random. This is driving me nuts. If anyone has experienced this please help.

Steve

JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for answering my question about which wires you hooked up in the igniton harness.
seyemoreb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

I apologize for not answering your question about which wires I hooked up in the ignition harness - I posted in a hurry and after my last post I went outside and got distracted.  You did help me and I really appreciate your advice.  The second accessory was jumpered (Crimestopper RS 999) as a second ignition.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve

JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Glad everything is working now.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic