Posted: November 25, 2003 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
If you say so
BiRdOnDuBtHrReEz
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
-thanks a lot installers........
-yeah jworm it comes with manual. yall guys are freakin smart, yall can explain better than the manual, thats why i asked. (am just a dumbass)
-besides, i just want to make sure and to make things go quicker.
-since yall mention about two keys to get the module to learn, unluckily he just got the truck yesterday w/ one key(master)....i guess i have to wait.....
-the dealer said theres no valet key for f150. sounds odd to me. is that true?
-if my buddy go get the key duplicate tomorrow, ill be able to use those 2 keys to learn it?
thanks again ppl
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
unfortunaletly fords need at least 2 working keys to make a third. see this vehicle has onboard programing which mean you can make a key your self but you would need 2 keys so you have to find a locksmith who has a computer tool it is called a sdd tool this is required if only 1 key is available problem is it aint cheap.
Your last resort if you cannot find a locksmith with an sdd is to go to the dealer and see what they can do but be aware that they will tell you that the computer needs to be changed and they will charge big bucks.
he should make a big deal toi the dealer thaT SOLD HIM THE CAR AND TELL THEM THEY NEED TO GIVE HIM HIS KEYS . HE CANT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT THEM.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Another good thing about finding a locksmith with an sdd tool is he can tell you how many keys are programed to the car and you can go to the dealer and ask where those keys are. The dealer should always have given at least 2 keys especially with a ford.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
-dang that sounds sux, just call him and he said that he'll pickup the key tomorrow. am assume they have it already.
-i think the ford dealer is lying to him, if they have the keys they would make it for the car long time ago. will have to wait for tmorrow
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic