icon

Remote start on Manual trans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Zx9r 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 97 Ford ranger 2.3L I have install a Crimestoper/pager alarm I need some info on how to by-pass clutch with relay how do I wire it up. I also wanted to know can I hook some wire up to by e-brake so it will not start without the e-brake on. And last,is there some kind of switch I can install on the gearshifter so the vehicle will not start in gear. And were do I get this part if one is available.

the unit is crimestopper cs-2015fm pager informer

--zx9r
birdondubthreez 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

sounds simple but put a post it note on you dash to remind you to put the truck in neutral, after about a week and a half you will never forget to leave it neutral, it worked for me. But you can put a magnetic reed switch or a mecury switch on the gear shifter itself inside the boot. As far as the emergency brake most remote starts have a ground wire that will not let it activate unless it is grounded. You can take that ground and hook it directly to the e-brake unless it is 12volts then use a relay to reverse the polarity. The clutch if it only has 2 wires on the clutch switch then just unplug it and conect the two wires together. Hope this helps

BiRdOnDuBtHrReEz
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2003 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

remote starts for manual trans are VERY specific, and have inputs for door trigger and e-brake.  We install Autostart manual trans units, and they require both.  If after being put in ready mode the door is opened, it cancels and will not start (assuming someone could put the car in gear).

Bypassing the clutch is easy....take a look at the switch thats on the clutch pedal...probe em with your meter, but clutch up and clutch down.  One wire will likely go to 12 volts when pushed down...put 12 volts on that wire upon start, and you're done!

Some are extremely simple, and have 2 wires...simply use a relay to connect those two wires upon remote start only, and under cranking only (so use the starter output to power the coil, and ground out when running to ground it).

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic