icon

Remote Start on Standard Transmission

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juavos00 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2003 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  

yes I have been looking around and haven't found any help regarding my situation. See I would like to add a remote start to my alarm (using the relay method if at all possible); with my ignition box. I have a '95 S10, with a MSD DIS Igntion box; and on there they give you this feature which I think I can use to make this not start in gear, but I dont know how to connect all of the wiring. Any info, extra diagrams would help. thanks.

Remote Start on Standard Transmission -- posted image.

stratusfear69 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2003 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

The diagram you are showing is for an "ignition kill", not a way to add a remote starter.  This is similar to a starter kill found on most alarm systems, but it will cut off the operation of the MSD.  It's just an added failsafe from punks trying to steal your vehicle. 

If you'd like to add a remote starter, you must first confirm that your existing alarm has an additional "channel."  If it does, you will need to get an "add-on" remote start system.  The "add-ons" have a (-) trigger input wire that will activate the remote starter when it gets a negative pulse.  You'd connect the additional channel from your existing alarm to the add-ons input.  When you activate the channel via your transmitter, it will start the vehicle.

juavos00 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
yes I do have an extra channel; but how would you install that on a standard transmission.. I have a friend with a mustang 5.0; with an ignition box he can start his car without even using the clutch. But it won't start in gear. Thats why I ask if there is a way you could configure both of them together.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic