the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alero Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
It should say in your owners manual. In the GM cars i have owned you need to pull a fuse and then press some buttons on the car and on the factory remote then replace the fuse and the programming is complete. Do you have factory keyless remotes?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I have them.  I should be able to find time to get started on things this afternoon.  i will let you know how things go. 
ils2003 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
You can use the PLDATA module. Works good and there's no extra wires to run. Also, no relay to stick.
Electron
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
I got everything just about finished today.  Everything is working great except for the fact that the security light turns on when you put the key in and disengage the remote start.  I am going to latch the relay so it only looks at the resistor when it was started with the remote start unit.  Thanks for all of the help.
jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried turning the key to START before hitting the brake to shut off the RS. You may or may not have a factory anti-grind feature, but i just did a 99 Alero last weekend that did have this anti grind feature from factory.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
so you're saying that if I turn the key to the start position momentarily instead of just to the run position this might cure that?
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

I just tried that.  IT GRINDS.  But it does make it so that the security light doesn't come on.  I suppose you could add a starter interrupt that only works if the Accessory is not charged, but I think I will make it look at the resistor instead because I can get at that from behind the radio.  I already bundled up the harnesses for everything else..

NaughtyLMnky 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

I would add this relay circuit but replace the (-) output when armed with the (-) Accessory that triggers the accessory relay and maybe replace the Ignition output with a constant 12vcd.  That should interrupt the starter but only when the rs is on and it would turn off to allow the rs to start the car also.

https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp#sk1

jrilla 
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
That should work.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic