Speaker box for an 01 Sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alli-Max 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2002 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

Well, maybe not.... ;)

I have an 01 Sierra extended cab, with a JL Audio 10W0 sub in it.  It does actually sound pretty good in there, but I am needing MORE...  I am currently in a sealed box, and the box itself HAS to use the driver side rear seat, no LONGER than half way across ( I already use the passanger side for work related stuff).

Now, I REALLY dont want to go out and buy a new amp, a 10W3 or something.  Just a little more sound.  Has anybody made a box that is ported in this space?  I dont know if it is possible.  What have some of you found in this vehicle?  bottom firing? Top firing?  Powered by a Jenson Amp I bought at Wal Mart in a blister pack...hee hee  No, it is a RF amp, but cant remember which one (I am lazy right now, but will go out and look if you think it is necessary Speaker box for an 01 Sierra -- posted image.

GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2002 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
subs are designed for either ported or sealed boxes. see what the W3 is designed for.
you can't just arbitrarily go from one to the other and get decent sound. It has a lot to do with the Theile-Small parameters of the speaker.
If you want more SPL, just make a bigger sealed box, angle one side, use polyfill, things like that
Otherwise ya need another sub, a better sub(?), or a bigger amp.
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
Alli-Max 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2002 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  

Glasswolf...

I really dont know what this specific sub is ACTUALLY desighn for, BUT, JLaudio.com has demensions for sealed and ported.  And yes, you are right, I could use a nicer sub, but I am squeeeezing performance dollars right now into the truck Speaker box for an 01 Sierra -- posted image. 

The one thing I am afraid of, is spending the $$$ on a nice sub, and just not having the power / cubic feet to use it properly.

01 GMC 2500HD ext. cab Duramax, Pioneer MP3 HU, XM Radio, RF, JL Audio, Edge 'Juice', 4" Turboback Exhaust, 400+ HP!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic