icon

Keyless entry install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jredf 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2002 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  

I admit it..  I am not an electrical genius!!  So when it comes to the actual relay diagrams I am lost.  Here is my question.  I purchased a BK4123 Keyless entry system from 12Voltshop.com.  The kit came without any sort of relays (other than the internal ones) and I am not sure if I might need one.  I am installing into a Japanese Subaru Impreza WRX and I have installed the whole thing but can not figure out the door locks.  I have the light flash and can get the doors to unlock, but not lock.  I am only using a test light as well to install.  Here are the wire choices from the legacy actuator that I installed (perfect fit and works!!). One wire that shows a flash of power as the doors unlock.  One that shows a flash of power when the doors lock.  There are no other lock switches as this car was all operated from the drivers door prior to this install start.  There also is a wire that when I place teh test light on it, unlocks the door (perfect for the keyless unit).  But now I am at a loss for hook-up of the lock door wire as the keyless unit requires me to find the lock negative, which I can not locate.  Any help??  Please give it to me step by step without the reference to the lock wiring diagrams because they do me absolutely no good.  Thanks for the help as always..Keyless entry install - Last Post -- posted image.

J

j
Xtra 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2002 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  

The 95+model WRX's used a single wire locking hookup.

Break to lock, ground to unlock.

Wire is normally white located at the locking module under the drivers dash or drivers kick panel.

You need a relay to break the circuit to lock the doors 85 = 12v+, 86 = neg trigger from the remote locking unit, 87a and 30 to each side of the white wire you have cut.

So when you energize the relay the white wire is broken ,locking the doors.

Connect the unlock wire from the remote locking unit directly to the white wire.

NB: this is correct for Australian delivered models US models may vary.

Dan

oldboy 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2002 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all, I have found that the above will only work on the 2000 onwards WRX as they were the only ones to arrive in Aus with factory keyless entry systems. Pre 2000 i have always had to put a solenoid in the door.
Xtra 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2002 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

Yes sorry I meant 99+

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic