icon

02, 03 explorer tach wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Did you check for a pink/white @ the coil pack like I suggested? If there is no pink/white then you want the tan/white @ the coil pack. One of those two should be there I always use the pink/white.
Mike
seniorswankey 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
i tried the pink/white. it was the same thing.. shut off in 2 minutes. how come one guy swears by pink/white and another insists on blue/green when i know for a fact they are both wrong? i am so confused.
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
"how come one guy swears by pink/white and another insists on blue/green when i know for a fact they are both wrong?"
They are not "wrong". The pink/white is your tach wire. If you unit is junk that is another story..You can try an injector wire to see if that will work. It will be the uncommon wire at any injector meaning each one has 2 wires one wire will be common color on all of them and the other wire color will be different, you want the one that isn't common. Also does that unit support no tach mode? Might want to try that if it does I'm not familiar with the unit your using. Good luck,
Mike
seniorswankey 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
yesh, it does voltage sensing or whatever. how does it work, i just set it for voltage sensing? do i have to program in cranking time? and where would i find an injector wire? sorry, but im confused and this is very fruzsturating. ive done like 500 remote starters and never had this problem before
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Usuaully that's all you have to do there's no voltage learning method or anything just set it and go but like I said I'm not familiar with your unit. Some units do have cranking times etc to program so be sure to read through and check it. Another trick is to learn the tach at a higher level. When you go into tach learning mode, hold the gas and get the RPMs up a little higher and let it learn tach higher up. Takes a while to get your foot steady enough where you want it to learn the tach but give it a shot..You can also try learning tach by putting the car in drive the rpms will drop down. Usually by either learning at a higher or lower RPM you can get one to work but that usually is a last option thing for me. You would find an injector wire at the injectors on the engine. On each side of the engine will be a couple 2 pin plugs in a row running parallel to each other spaced a few inches apart..Those would be your injectors as mentioned you would want the wire that is NOT common among the injectors. Definately make sure it is the injectors you are finding though you'd be surprised what can happen when you tap a wrong wire some wires are VERY sensitive. Good luck,
Mike
seniorswankey 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot. i appreciate that. im going to get to the bottom of all this right now. there is a programing section of the manual for "cranking time" which makes me kind of nervous. not something id feel comfortable doing. i heard that voltage sensing only works on japanese cars and some vw. if its my last resort ill try it. thanks alot.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic