icon

95 maxima, alarm/Remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

boomer_106 wrote in the Notes: section that the vehicle has two starter wires.  you have to energize both.  did you plan on just soldering in a jumper wire there?  remote start units only come with one starter wire.  you have to use a relay to provide the current to the second starter.  most brains have a secondary harness that will trigger a (-)200ma ground according to what said wire is, usually one wire for a second accy, 3rd ignition, second starter ect...

use that to trigger the relay on 85, take 87 and 86 to 12v constant, and 30 to the second starter wire.

HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

yep, the reason the car is hard to start in the cold is the second crank wire powers a cold-start-injector....we learned this one the hard way years ago with nissans starting like a dodge diesel in the cold  :)  Autostarts do provide a 5th high current relay that can be configured for either 2nd ignition or 2nd crank which is nice...so we can't say ALL starters have only 1 crank wire  :)

b

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

good call, the DEI units im use to use a second ign, programable for a second accy.  anything else i have to use a relay for.

:o

Loveforyou 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
soo i have to use extra relay? if soo what i need to do ? thank your for you reply
Loveforyou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Where can i get the relay? Today I try to hook up the keyless entry i have a major problem. I connect  Blue&White= Passenger unlock output(-) 500ma to LIGHT GREEN&RED I tested click disarm button all the door locked(not right) i think. I can't find the door trigger ect. any short cut save me time to run the wire thru the firewall to get the unlock wire &lock wire? are they locate at behind the fuse box? I can't get the keyless entry work right. anyone welcome to help me out every appreciate . thank
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

Ok first of all I see you say the output for the doorlocks is (-) 500ma.  You should use relays with this keyless entry. The reason the doors locked is because you wired to the lock wire instead of unlock. Double check the wiring diagram I gave you. Also you need to wire it up through relays. The 500ma output is not sufficient to keep cycling doorlocks. Anyone disagree here?  You can get relays in alot of places but to make it easy for you I will give you a link. You can buy the sockets as well which I recommend you do.

You can buy the dual socket for your doorlocks. Its part number is 330-078.  The relays are part number 330-073 OR 330-070.     For that second starter you can use one of those relays so you will need at least 3. You can use the single socket for it. Part number 330-075.    

Here is the page

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showprod.cfm...

Loveforyou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
I need diagram for relay trunk .thank i want hook the trunk release heheh that be fun lol
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
Trunk Release PURPLE / YELLOW (-) AT TRUNK RELEASE SWITCH #230
http://wiringinstructions.com/230.htm
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Loveforyou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
I want setup relay for starter kill and trunk release anyone know how to setup? for 95 maxima. what kind relay i need? every appreciate
Loveforyou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
thank you draasch again i need diagram for starter kill too thank you
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic