icon

2002 Windstar problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pwrhws 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2002 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

I know this is a longshot but I am hoping that somone has some insight.

I have done these vehicles 2 times before and this is the third. The first two without a hitch.

I cannot get the rostra/audiovox 1316 to recieve the speedsensor input.

I tapped into the green white wire at the speed sensor plug near the axle (just as I had done before) and the cruise does not seem to recognize it.

I have it setup just like the others in the past, but no luck on this.

If I go through the self test mode everything but the speed sensor tests out fine. I have tried two units.

Of course it is 8pm on a friday, no tech service anywhere, and the car gets delivered to the custumer first thing in the morning.

Am i missing something?

Thank you, Mike Bowen
christophe 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2002 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
try a blue/green wire just a little lower than the GREEN / WHITE wire. Its a little tricky to find. good luck .(I know its late but just incase you still need the info.)
squidix9 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2002 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  

OK, what am I missing here. Sounds like I want to do the same as you, tap into the VSS.

According to the Rostra site, it should be a blue / YELLOW wire in a black 2-wire bundle on the transaxle by the shifter.

Per what you guys describe, I am looking for either a blue/green wire or a GREEN / WHITE wire.

What I have is a grey/red wire and a GREEN/ YELLOW wire.

It is a small connector drivers side, just below the shifter, just above the output shaft where it goes into the CV boot. Unless the yellow is actually grimy white, it sounds like we have 3 different versions.

Any suggestions or guidance?

Mark

christophe 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2002 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

I had done the same car 2 or 3 times with different wires (GREEN / WHITE and blue /green) the blue with green work for me perfectly. Not like the GREEN / WHITE very inconsistant, the rostra tech I spoke with said "it was a crappy signal". The blue/green is what he suggest and what worked for me. I did have a very hard time finding the wire it was very low in the engine compartment on the transaxle. It was also burried behind some other things that made it hard to find.

I'm not sure that this helps, but I hope it does.

CP

squidix9 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2002 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  

Can't find anything like a blue/green wire.

I did some more searching last night, and the most consistent info, is the gray/red wire is VSS-, and the GREEN / WHITE is supposed to be VSS+. Mine appears GREEN/ YELLOW, but I think that's just me. In all cases the VSS signal appears on position 58 of the PCM, on a gray/black wire, circuit 679. I need to track down where the PCM is on the Windstar. I'd rather keep all the connections inside if possible.

My box won't be here until the end of the week, so I have couple of days to do some tracking. I think I may put my frequency counter on the sensor, and see what it looks like. I may throw a scope on it too, just to see how good or bad the signal appears.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic