vetteluvr33 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2003 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

here's a test....take a good test light and ground the clip.  Bare back the wire you suspect of being the disarm wire...now purposely set off the factory alarm (arm and open door for ex.).  simply touch the probe of the test light to the wire you suspect of being disarm.  If the alarm shuts up, you've got it.  If not, keep looking....

You may have to double over your wires as well...with a diode, split the unlock pulse (neg) and hit both the unlock and disarm wires.  But by the sounds of things, you don't have the right disarm wire....also, I've got this from designtech:

""**** See Note #202 - Positive Pulse Door Lock Diagram. ***** Disarm requires a +12 Volt pulse to both Ignition # 1 and Ignition # 2 wires simultaneously. Use a relay.""

good luck!

b

vetteluvr33 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2003 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

thanks alot, i'm going to try that out tonite, i'll post to give my results

k

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2003 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
To arm the factory alarm pulse (+) the door lock wire (light blue) in the connector plug to the left of the steering column. Use the (+)lock output wire from the remote starter. Hook your (-) re-arm wire from the remote starter up to the tan wire in the purple plug of the body control module located under the center dash behind the black panel. This will arm your alarm and shut off your radio. To disarm the factory alarm pulse the light green wire (-) in the same purple plug. The unlock wire (+) is in the same plug as the lock wire. Use atest light or meter to check for the lock/unlock wires as there are a few white and light blue and not all are the right ones.
sparky
vetteluvr33 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

right on, thanks you guys, it took me no more than 5 minutes to figure it out . both the rs and the oem alarm work great now. you guys saved me enough time to have a couple monday drinks2000 gmc jimmy security -- posted image.

thanks again

kurt

Gorgo 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

did you need to use a gm bypass module?since your starter had the arm,disarm - outputs to pulse the lt green and tan wires?i'm installing a starter ina 2002 chevy blazer and was wondering if the bypass module is needed and what it exactly does and if anyone has a diagram to install it.because the instructions only show a cadillac install only. oh my remote starter also has arm -disarm outputs an ultrastart 3355a any help is appreciated.thanks.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2003 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Gorgo. You will require a bypass for the Passlock system in your truck. The Passlock system is the factory immobilizer and requires an interface. The factory alarm only protects the contents of the vehicle and should be wired the same as the 2000 Jimmy above.
sparky
Gorgo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
thanks sparky,my only concern now is the installation diagram that came with the unit only shows a cadillac pass key 3 installation.i'm taking for granted it's the same for my passlock.it shows cutting ignition 1 wire and installing a relay  normally open with a - signal out of it to close the ignition circuit. and the - signal from the rs.also an output to pin 2 ppl wire at diagnostic plug.the unit is p/n gmdapk3 autoland.does this sound like the right rig? 
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

no no no!!!!  PaskeyIII is on very few gm vehicles....your jimmy has Passlock II, and you don't need the relay and cut wires....read closer...    www.bypasskit.com  when it comes to interfacing with the computers in a vehicle, take NOTHING for granted...that usually yeilds a blown computer...

b

Gorgo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
finally got a hold of the tech whre i got the rs and he said the bypass module they recommended and sent was wrong one and have the correct one on the way.they forwarded the install instructions and it's the same as bypass kit.com's unit.thanks for not letting me do anything uninformed or stupid.all questions for rs install answered thanks guys.  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic