icon

2004 F150 Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dolomite 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

Could someone help me.  I need a wiring diagram for a 2004 F150.  Also, I'm assuming that a PKU-F2 will not work on this model so I should go with a DEI555u?  Thanks in advance for any help.

zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
we just did a 04 explorer today and used an 03 sheetsince that was all i could find, we used dei 555u but the tach wires at the coil pack were not working so we went to a fuel injector.
zargon ruler of estranorth
Dolomite 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

I saw on www.fordgenuineaccessory.com that there is a genuine bypass kit available for 2004 models.  Has anybody installed a system using this bypass?  Will this bypass kit work with aftermarket RS systems such as DEI?  The kit I'm looking at is a 1L2Z-19G365-AB Securilock 3 Interface Kit.  Here's the link to this kit:

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/detail.asp?product_id=1L2Z19G365AB-306&GID=

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I install these bypasses pretty much on a daily basis. They work great don't get many that come back. The most important thing is when you are putting the ring around the ignition cylinder you have to get it around there good and tight and make sure it makes a loop. (Meaning bring the two ends together..) The 1L2Z will work on the 2004 F-150 if that's what your putting it on? There is also a 1L3Z and a 1S4Z available depending on what car your doing..The bypass will work with pretty much any system just need an ignition 3 (-) out or active out. These bypasses actually plug right into certain code alarm units but you could just cut the plug off, and tie the red wire to constant 12v and the black wire to your negative output off the module. Good luck,
Mike
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Use them all the time with no problem and they are cheap.
DanDan
Dolomite 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, 04 F150 this weekend.  That's great news! Thanks for the info.
Dolomite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

I've got a few questions on a 1L2Z:  1) do i need the white wire on this module or just the red to +12V,  black to ign 3 (-) out of alarm?  2) Is there any special programming sequence or is it the same procedure as a universal key box.  ie, start car with 1st key, turn off, start car with spare key, turn off, immediately remote start car using remote.  Thanks any help!

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  
1. The white wire is not needed as stated the red to constant 12v fused and the black to your ignition 3 (-) or active out (-) will be fine.
2. In order to program you need ALL the keys that will start and run the vehicle. You need at LEAST 2 keys to program.
Take key 1 and turn the ignition on (don't start the car). Watch the theft light/led it will come on solid for a few seconds and then go out. As soon as it goes out, remove the first key and put the second key in. Turn the ignition on and watch the theft light/led again. As soon as it goes out remove that key and activate the remote start. If the theft light/led flashes, hit the brake to shut it down because it didn't work. If it comes on solid, assuming everything else is hooked up properly the car should start and run. You need to do this process fairly quick for it to work. Also pretty self explanatory but if you have more than 2 keys just do the same procedure and do the other keys as well before you activate the remote start. Good luck,
Mike
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
is that the only site to buy those parts????
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Dolomite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
draasch:  This module is a Ford Vendor part that is made by Code Alarm I believe.  You can order this module from any Ford dealer and it takes about (2) weeks to get it.  Just give them the 1L2Z-19G365-AB part #.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic