icon

inverted sub and amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ir8st8 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

i have a single audiobahn a1206t DVC 4ohm sub, 1100w rms/ 2200w peak, in a box 2.7 cu ft with a 4" x 9.1 port tuned to 38 hrtz . gonna run it with a mtx 1501d amp. my question is the sub is going to be inverted and i was wondering if i wire it the same as normal or reversed? its gonna run at 2 ohms so i will wire the dvc's in paralell..... but do i connect it to the amp normal or out of phase?(reversed)

thanks

chris

"thats red to negitive and black to postive....... right?"
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
The answer is yes.  You will need to try both ways, as one may sound better then the other in your car(?)
ir8st8 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  

i have an alpine pxa-h600 digital phase processor that says it has "automatic subwoofer linear phase setting 180 degrees" will this do it automaticly? or do i still need to switch the wires? i havent used this unit yet, so i was just wondering....

"thats red to negitive and black to postive....... right?"
allchromed01r1 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
on the subject of inverted subs, if you have 3 subs, 2 regular mounted and one inverted, and one amp on each sub would they all be wired in the same phase?
muppetmaster 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

Wire the two that are regular mounted in phase, and the inverted out of phase.  This will cause the inverted subs' cone to move in the same direction as the regular mounted subs, and you won't get any cancellation. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic