icon

Playstation2 to Two Monitors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jack Daniels 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, we're doing 2 sunvisor monitors, hooked up to a ps2, one of the main things we want is to be able to play 2 player Gran Turismo, and have 1 player in drivers visor, and 2 player in pass visor, what all do we need exactly, so far we have the power inverter, PS2, to monitors, and a wireless fm modulator.  Is there anything else that we might need?  Also when installing the monitors in the visor, the monitor housing is almost as deep, if not barely deeper than the visor itself, whats the best way to make the monitors look flush, without having an impression showing through the opposite side?

J.D.

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

have u ever played Gran Tourismo on 2 screens before, like in your house or anything.  i think the only way you could do it, is to have two playstation 2's linked together, and have one screen hooked to one ps2, and the other screen to the other ps2,  i know that you can link two xboxs together with a system link cable, but i dont know if they have one for the ps2.  otherwise you will just have a split screen on both moniors,  like you would if you were to play it normally.

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
also you in order for that to work, you would have to have 2 seperate outputs from the ps2.  one for each monitor, i dont think there is anyother way besides have 2 ps2's and linking them up.
zeiden 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2003 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  

In order to be able to play the way you want to you would have to have two playstations 2's and two grand turismo games.  There is no other way to do this!

silversteve 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

As for the power there is a uk company that has something that will work wonderfully.

http://www.bigcattech.co.uk

Don't Sing IT... Just Bring IT!!!!
JL xr front&rear
JL 12w3v2 x2
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
Natecj 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

Is there such a device that can take a single video source and divide the screen into 2/4 parts and send each part out as a somewhat magnified image to each monitor in the car?

Thats what I thought of when I thought about how to do this, but I dont know if this device is real?

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
i havent heard of a device that can do that,  im almost 100% sure that device does not exsist.
Fender2martin 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
cant you run it through some sort of computer... essentially like using a multiple monitor display... set the monitor size to the height of one LCD.. and the width to TWO lcd screens which would split it in the middle.. and one on each screen.  Surely this is possible... jsut may be VERY expensive and difficult.  Another drawback would be essentially ALL you could do is play that game... all moveis and other games would be split... unless you had quick access to the computer to switch monitor setups..... jsut a thought.. i might be WAy off!
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

too much trouble.  if you really want to make it so player one is on one screen and player 2 is on the other, go buy 2 xboxs, and a system link cable and find a game that has system link capabilities, and it would work.

ragnampizer 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
well friend i wish u luck , i have not clue on that one , but i hope u find a way and post it , because i might try it 2 cause i love those games 2 and is doing something similar, good luck
making it work
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic