icon

Audiobahn Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
I had 2 of the Alum10Qs and the A2200HCT amp, and they sucked!!!  so i went down and bought to memphis mojos.  what a difference!!  ill never go back to audiobahn
CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
I will say that if the ALUM's aren't wired right, they aren't going to sound good at all, REGARDLESS of amp. I know I've seen it posted way too many times about these subs sounding like sh*t, and 9 times out of 10, it's all because they didn't realize that they're 6 ohm coils. I'm not saying that they are the biggest, baddest, or best out there, cause I know that there a lot of options for a lot of people, and a lot of different tastes. I used dual ALUM12's and never had a problem, and loved them til I sold them. I was running them off of two A1300HC amps, one per sub. Never a problem.
I had bad credit. Anyone have any they can loan me? lol
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
all i know is that if you own audiobahn, and then switch to another company such as eclipse or JL or any other mid-high quality brand, 9 times out of 10 you will never look back to audiobarn.
jpranwez 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious, have you used other audiobahn stuff besides that set of subs. I was going to guess the same thing as charlzo, that hooked up to that amp, those 2 subs can be wired for the right impedance. But hey, everybody like something different.
ryken_design 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hook up all three you may like it. Just remember that dropping your ohm load will decrease your sq, probably not enough for you to notice, and condsidering the amps power you quite likely won't lose any sq. About the eclispe gear, the stuff is awsome. Quite possibly one of the best on the market from my point of view but if you are going to change to those subs i would probably drop the audiobahn amp. Don't get me wrong I love Audiobahn and i run their subs, but I feel that their amps are overated. But in the end "To Each His Own." and I have learned that everone has different tastes and different companies fufill those taste. Try all three, Good Luck.                                   

wesley982002 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
I just bought the audiobahn a2300hcq and can't wait to put it in, right now I have 2 aw1206t's running off of only 300 watts and it hits pretty hard, I do know if your gonna judge how good these are then you need to make sure you have the right enclosure, makes a huge difference, I have mine in a 1.5 cubic ft ported enclosre for each sub (no trunk space left at all) and they sound a whole lot better than when installed in a 1 cubic qlogic box.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
A good installer can take the worst of brands and make it sound good, I personally do not like and will not sell Sony, but I do know how to make it sound good and work within it's capabilities. Brands are not 100% of the equation, it's how the system is matched together that counts.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
electronic 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
my exp with audiobahn products have been okay. as an installer i suggest you make sure your enclosure is the correct size and fill fill fill  no worst enemy than air
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Why do so many people on this forum say that their subs hit hard for? Sure they can hit hard but do they sound like someone just hit them with a baseball bat or do they give you a clean tight sound. Whatever they do you cant describe a sub by saying it hits hard.
spl IROc-z 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have a A2200HCX currently on 2 Kicker L5 15's. I think the amp is great.  But my local Audiobahn dealer told me that the amps are overrated. My amp is rated at 1600rms @1 ohm from Audiobahn but the dealer says in reality the power is 1200-1300 r.m.s. My last install had this same amp on 2 Audiobahn AW1206T's om a 3 cu.ft. shared space, ported box, and it did 144db. in a IASCA sanctioned event. (2002 Celica GT-S) This was with no pre-comp tuning, and the box had a trim panel on the top of it so it was in-mobile.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic