the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

RS999FM parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NFLEagles1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys.

I'm testing my install right now on my 2000 Mazda Protege.  The parking lamp lead from the crimestopper unit will not send +12 volts when its supposed to flash the lights.  I checked the jumper, and I can hear an internal relay click when the parking lights are supposed to flash, but my digital voltometer (with red lead on Crimestopper lead, and the black lead to vehicle ground) shows 0 volts.  Is there anything I may be forgetting?  Is there a fuser inside on the unit?

Thanks in advance

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

Check the jumper again, and see if it's grounding instead. this will at least let you know the relay is actually functioning.

NFLEagles1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I checked the unit itself.  It had a solder line on the board that connected the parking lamp lead to the relay.  The solder line had a break in it, so I connected it up, and the whole system is working fine.

This site has given me incredible amounts of information and made my first remote starter install easy to do.  Crawling under the car and accessing the necessary wires was the biggest problem.  It took me around 10 hours to install and fix it.  I have a HUGE respect for what you professionals do.  I also printed a bulldog remote start manual just to get additional information.  The instructions for my remote starter and the bulldog instructions both had flawed information.  Thanks to this site, I was able to get it done right.

Thanks again guys

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a Crimestopper dealer. If you need any other info or tips on their product let me know.  Good job figuring it out yourself! Most others would've sent it back.

And please....stay away from that Bulldog junk!  ;-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic