icon

Dynamat Question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eternalrollaz 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
Aight i got 1 more question, any system that ive had in my expedition sounds like crap when your on the outside of it. If i put dynamat in there would it lessen the bass herd from the outside, or just make the plate and exhaust quit shakin, and if i put dynamat in it how is the best way to do it?...Thanks for any help.
Durwood 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

It should make it quieter outside of your car.  Some of the bass sound you hear outside is from the panels actually vibrating like speaker cones.  Dynamat will reduce that, as well as reducing rattles from interior panels, license plates, and things like that.  As for your exhaust, I'd investigate that further and find out just what it is that's rattling.  In a properly-installed exhaust system, it should be supported solely by the rubber insulating hangers, so there shouldn't be anything making contact to rattle.

As for the best way to use dynamat, I'd concentrate on the big, flat panels first.  I usually put a double layer of Dynamat Extreme on the roof, floor pan, trunk floor, and undersides of trunk lids.  For everything else, a single layer will probably do.  You don't have to cover every square inch of a panel to make the Dynamat effective, but the more panels you can cover, the better off you'll be.  In an extreme install, it's not overkill to apply Dynamat to the inside of fenders, inside of doors, etcetera.

After you're done, make sure you save a little bit in case there are any small rattles left over.

Scott Gardner

eternalrollaz 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks, ill get some dynamat tomorrow

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic