icon

i need help with a noise problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
livewire 1096 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  
i think you have a high restance ground on one of your speaker leads. diconnect one at a time until you isolate the lead the make sure it's not grounded. this usually happens a the leads on the speaker touching the basket or the car.
livewire i need help with a noise problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
the problem was decided to be the alternator rectefier. the only problem was i couldn't convince the coustomer of this. so i sent the coustomer to the mechanic that checked the alternator for more info.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
Glad to know it worked out. How did you isolate the alternator as being the cause?
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
genehewett 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
i didn't a local automotive shop did. i am good friends the guy that ownes the place and we worked togather to find problem. 
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to see there was a positive outcome, regardless.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
bpunzel 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  

Get a ground loop isolator, i had the same prob.

143.5 Spl
genehewett 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
i dont think that bpunzel read everything. the noise was there even when the rca cables were disconected. but thanks anyway the problem is fixed.
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
genehewett wrote:
i dont think that bpunzel read everything. the noise was there even when the rca cables were disconected.
LOL . . . *Must read all replies* i need help with a noise problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
carriles 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
I also have an alternator whine in my '02 Avalanche. The noise is still there when I diconnect the RCA from amp. I am useing large power and ground leads. They are running on the opposite side of my truck from the Stinger RCAs. My ground connection is only about 8 inches from the amp. But my distrubution block is only about 6 inches away. How far should these 2 be from each other? I never thought about this as a possible problem.
I have been reading this site for a while, and you guys are great!
If there are any other Avalanche owners with a built system out there, let me know i need help with a noise problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
Les
genehewett 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

Less

it dont matter how close your power and ground cables are to each other. but it may matter how close thay are to your siginal cables. make sure the cables are at least 12-18 inches away from your power or ground wires. also check the resistance to the neg. side of batt. terminal from your ground point at the amp. the body ground at the battery is also important and is sometimes to small so try to upgrade it. there is a lot of questions about your system that needs to be asked and answered befour you can solve you noise problem but post questions and im sure someone will try and help.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic