icon

RSlll Remote Programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alarmpro 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2003 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone remember how to re-program this remote to the alarm... Customer claims to have disconnected car battery and now it does not work...
Any help appreciated... Thanks..
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  

umm, that shouldnt make a difference.  nothing in any programming should change.  dei products store the programming in memory and the remote is just a code.  see if the battery is dead.  they only last about a month in the rs 3 and rs 3.5.

anyway, open a door (make sure the door trigger is connected), turn the ignition on, select the channel with the valet switch (press and hold on the next), press the button on the remote you wish to assign the channel to.  press the remote button again to confirm while still holding the valet switch, then release.

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
check to see if the unit is on, connected, or fuse at all....
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
alarmpro 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks sroth140...
I'll try to reprogram just to humor the customer, but after interrogating him , he "thinks" he might have gotten it wet....Hummmmmmm
marctronixx 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
sroth140 wrote:

anyway, open a door (make sure the door trigger is connected), turn the ignition on, select the channel with the valet switch (press and hold on the next), press the button on the remote you wish to assign the channel to.  press the remote button again to confirm while still holding the valet switch, then release.

my remote has lost its programming to the brain. the unit does work because i can put it in valet and when the ignition is on the brain lockes the doors.. its just that i have not driven the car but the remote has been on my keychain and has "lost sync" with the brain.

i don't know what you mean when you say select the channel with the valet switch? i have my button "1" (4 button remote) to activate and deactivate the alarm and "2" was for remote start.  do i just press and hold the valet switch one time for the activate/deactivate and press once then once more and hold for the remote start?

sorry if this is confusing and i hope you can help me out...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic