2002 C230 Kompressor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Oompa 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am looking for a few things.  I would like to know if anyone has done an aftermarket changer install into one of these cars??  It has the factory Bose system with changer controls but so far the only compatible changer I have found is the factory changer.  Is there an adaptor or another way to put an aftermarket changer into this vehicle without using an FM mod????

Second I would like to know if anyone has the wiring diagram for this car?  I am going to possibly be redoing the system (depending on changer availabilty) and adding a sub.  I also will be putting in an alarm with window mods and a few other things so a wiring diagram would be a great help and save me a ton of time.  Any advice from people who have experience with this car would be greatly appreciated as well!!!!!

Thank you,                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Brandon

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Brandon, your best bet is to check out cruthcfield for a changer for this car.  The company that made aftermarket changers for this car is named becker. 
Oompa 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

Fuseblower,

Thanks for the help. I checked crutchfield but they dont carry Becker products.  I have contacted Becker directly and hopefully will have an answer soon.  Do you know where I can get wiring diagrams for the car???

Brandon

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
richs 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Becker quit making the aftermarket changer that would work with the fiber optic system in your vehicle. Right now your only choice is a factory changer or FM modulated. There aren't any interfaces to directly connect an aftermarket changer to the fiber optic system.
Best Regards,
Rich

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic