icon

'92 explorer, changing reciever

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dago 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
got a 92 explorer with the premium sound system and yes I cut the sheilded cable plug off.....couldnt find any scematics and wally world didnt know anything about the proper adaptors.tryin to install a pioneer DEH-P25,I now know the gray cable is to an onboard amp,does anyone know the proper connections  now that I fooeyed the thing?Would be much appreceated.Someone just turned me on to this place ITS GREAT,and please bear with me Im not the best at spellin
silversteve 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
If, for some odd reason you don't get the info you need on here, then you can always go to just about any shop that has internet access and ask them for the wiring colors that you need...   i know circuit city will do it for free if you ask nice enough.
Don't Sing IT... Just Bring IT!!!!
JL xr front&rear
JL 12w3v2 x2
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

Follow the wire back to the hidden amplifier, it generally speaking need to be bypassed. A lot of companies make the bypass kits for Ford vehicles. Once you find the amp, unplug the output leads (you have found the input leads), compare the output molex to one that is available from a company like scosche, www.scosche.com

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Dago 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Question on By passing the Amp.Is it because the head is already amplified? If so this unit has 2 RCA jacks  I believe they are "PRE AMP" 2.2v/1 k ohm.If so,shouldnt I hook them to the AMP inputs and NOT use the Amplified outputs from the head? and secondly,only 2 RCA jacks= 4 wires....Got 8 going to the AMP do I pair em off and if so what ones,or only use 4 and what ones? UGH :o(
Dago 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ignore my last post......The on board amp is probably no better than the New Unit so its probably easier to just Bypass it. The reason it has to be By passed is because the input from the head is too much,correct?
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

actually contrary 2 what u may think the HU will actually work quite nicely w/o bypassing the amp its just reallly powerful i have my alpine HU hooked up w/o bypassing the amp and its double the sound that it was in my old car.....

Dago 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
HMmmm...OK IM SOLD,Did you hook it up Normal? Also do you know where I can get the Info/specs on the HU?
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
y7ea i just bought a regular wiring harness for the deck but make sure uget the right one b/c there is like 3 of them the best/cheapest i found was at walmart for like 6$$ alll i did is hook it up normal and it was done

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic