icon

97 F-150, Avital 4200, door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diabloed 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
i was working on a 1997 F-150 regular cab last night. installing the Avital 4200. Remote start and keyless. hooked up the 451m for 5wire accordingly. every time you try and use the keyless it would blow the fuse for the 451m everytime. i have triple checked and tested all the 5-lock wires. can anyone help out????
also on the same vehicle when remote started it would start fine but would run for 15min then the next time would just die after a min or so. doesn't have the chip in the key for a bypass.
please the customer is waiting on me to figure something out and i am truley baffled.
TIA
grimis1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

Check to see if the door locks operate from the switch properly. If they do you have most likely got your input and output wires switched on the 451m. To make sure, disconnect  your 451M and test the wires. You should be able to meter 12v on the switched side of the wire when you hit the switch. make sure your white and brown wires are connected to switched side.

MECP First Class Certified Installer
diabloed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
the one thing i did notice is when i returned the wire to factory status. if you hold down the lock button on the drivers door. the fuse under the hood blows. (it was originally a 30a and at the time i only had 20a availible). but if you don't hold down the button it locks/unlocks just fine.
yeah i did check the switch side vs. motor side.
diabloed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
come on guys i need some ideas???
Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a problem I had, you might not want to hear this but I think you have a bad switch.
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic