icon

Uses for Alarm Auxilliary Outputs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I was just looking for crazy ideas on how to use some auxilliary outputs.  I am installing an alarm that has a few extra and I want to use them this time but I don't know for what.  I am looking for something besides the usual trunk release, shaved door setup, or window roll-up.  I ran out of ideas so I was just wondering if someone out there has any cool ideas.
diabloed 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
wipers, sunroof, neons,etc... the list can go on forever
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I've used latching ouputs to turn headlights on and off(which women like for some reason),foglights off and on, to turn a radio on and off, even tv screens on and off. And then again, if you have remote start, the radio will already come on when you start the vehicle. But as for a momentary output, you are pretty limited to things that are operated with a momentary pushbutton, such as trunk or hatch release, or door poppers. But then again, you can buy window modules and open and close your windows or sunroof with one momentary pulse. If you really wanna do something different, you can build a motorized amp rack and trigger it with one of your outputs. That would be really cool to pop yer trunk with one button, then have a motorized amp rack fold out by pressing another button. The possibilities are endless(as long as you dont run out of channels to use).
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
throttle solenoid scares  the hell out of people when a driverless car revs motor when they walk by
good luck
kirk
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
My options are kinda limited because I am doing this in a dodge dakota  with a pretty stealth install.  I don't know where I would fit anything extra.  The windows are already covered.  It seems like I will need to add some more accessories to put some outputs to use.  Installing on your own vehicle is an endless task.  Maybe when I finish my amp rack under the rear seat I can set up an actuator to raise and lower the seat.  That seems too simple.  I am open to any other ideas.
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
That throttle solenoid sounds like a pretty slick idea.  Anybody have any other ideas?
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
rear defogger is popular, along with heated mirrors and seats.  you could put a peizo on the out side of the vehicle and give it a validity output.  just hold the button when people walk by and blast them.
qz2vw0 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

Since you are looking for 'crazy' ideas...

Get an extra windshield washer pump and rig an extra nozzle as a squirt gun.

You could buy a pair of GRS walkie-talkies for something like $20 and wire the on and push-to-talk into an output so that (presuming you have the other one) you can remote-control chat with (or listen in on) whoever is very near your car.  You might have to do a little tweaking because the original release of GRS walkie talkies did not allow them to be powered by the vehicle system... you could recharge in a car, but not run from car 12v.  I think that has changed... in fact, I recall seeing a GRS unit at Radio Shack that plugged in to the lighter.

Build an under-dash tray that is held closed by a solenoid - you can open the box remotely.  Not that you are thinking of proposing to anyone soon, but... that might be a "signature move" to present a ring by remote.  You could also hide cash or valuables.

If you want to go past crazy and out towards insane... you could rig an output to trigger a smoke bomb to help find the car in a parking lot... but (a) it will smell funny when you get to it and (b) you might have the fire department pry open your hood to hose down the reported "engine fire".

Of course this car-finder feature could run a light or a non-alarm beeper too.

Get a JC Whitney catalog - they have lots of goofy 12 volt toys.

I suggest you watch old James Bond movies... there are lots of things to use an extra trigger output for!

This space for rent
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Those are some pretty good ideas.  Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic