icon

alpine car audio questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
i just recently purchased a 1996 straight cab s10 pickup and i am interested in suggestions on what to do with my sound system? i have purchased a alpine head unit model number cda-7893 and two alpine 10" type s subs 600watts max 200 rms and they are dual 4 ohm subs...first question can some one recommend an alpine amp to push these? also can a box be built to give proper air space while not pushing the driver seat up to far? please let me know..thanks
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
MRV-T420. Pushes 170 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms. internet price of $235.00, retail of around $400. don't know about the box. hopefully someone else will answer too.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 3:24 AM / IP Logged  

box simple, you shouldnt have to move the drivers or passengers seat at all. If i remember right the subs should have about 1.25cuft. so 2.5cuft for a box isnt too big. it may stretch most the length behind the seats, and you may have to remove jack, etc. but its nothing to difficult. just measure and remeause then cut. all your measure ments witll be outside dimensions so take that into consideration or your seat will get pushed foward. i have an 86 so im not sure the dimensions are valid for you but i think i used something like 26" for height, 7.5" for base, 3" for top and 36" width for my set of Alpine R 10's but i have to rebuild the box because it is only like 1.75cuft.

Quad L Handyman services
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replies i am wanting to build two seperate boxes so the amp can be mounted on the back of the cab below the rear window between the subs.. i have already removed the jack and accessories to it..if anyone else has any suggestions let me know..thanks again
can you feel it ?????
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

whell seems people have the box covered,,but now the amp.  Since those subs are 2 ohm each, , or 2.6 ohm wired together, it would be better off if you got 2 separate amps.  I suggest 2 mrp-m200 , or 2 mrd-m300, , depends on your budget.

The type-s subs tend to sound there best with 1.25 cube's each, but that may be hard to achieve in your situation.

Goodluck

fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
so if i wire them all together to a single channel amp what will the ohms be? 1? 2? or what ????thanks again
can you feel it ?????
DjRDifacs 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't recommend using two amps for bass because they would be sucking up too much juice causing it to be unstable. if they are d4's, I suggest you wire each sub in series so each sub would be 8 ohm's each, then parallel so they'd be 4 ohms together, and get a two channel amp. If you can, I'd also recommend an Earthquake amp. If not, then maybe someone else can suggest an amp.
Another option for wiring is all in parallel dropping down to 1 ohm. I personally think the lower the ohms, the harder the bass. I'd choose an amp carefuly and make sure it's 1 ohm stable.
I would also say you should have one box so both subs can share the same air space especially if you wire your subs how I suggest it. If you still want the amp between subs, then make a passage way of air connecting each other on the bottom of the box.
Again this is my own personal opinion, others may have different.
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
i will run them paralell to achieve the 1 ohm load and try to design a box to allow for the amp to be in the middle and allow the subs to share the airspace.. if anyone has any suggestions on the design of the box please let me know....
can you feel it ?????
kickin02galant 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  
You could wire the each sub for 2 ohms and just get a 2 channel amp and run each channel at 2 ohms. a kicker kx400.2 would do the job. retail is about 400 internet 270ish
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

fatdaddyjoe wrote:
thanks for the replies i am wanting to build two seperate boxes so the amp can be mounted on the back of the cab below the rear window between the subs.. i have already removed the jack and accessories to it..if anyone else has any suggestions let me know..thanks again

Did you also remove the jack bracket? If so, how did you do it? I would like to have mine removed without destroying it.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic