Compustar remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tamahome 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I purchased the compustar 2wss-as and my friend that works in a car audio/security shop is installing it...everything on the alarm seems to work except for the remote start option.  It seems that the alarm has no problem getting into reservation mode, but when the car tries to start, the engine just doesn't start and I see the brain try to start the car 3 times.  My car is a 2003 lancer evolution from mitsubishi and has the factory immobilizer with the key having a unique code for the car to start.  So the dei 555u was installed as well.....He speculated that the problem was that there isn't a strong enough signal coming from the injector line he tapped and thinks he should tap the tach wire instead.  But since the car is getting into reservation mode and trying to start, it seems to me the dei555u may not be installed properly....or could there be another issue we're overlooking.  Please help =X  Thanks.

HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  

does the security light come on when this happens?  do a test...put the ign key in the cylinder (but don't turn it), and try remote starting...if it fires up, you know you have a transponder problem.  if not, you've got to look somewhere else...I'd bet a buck that the DEI unit is either bad or incorrectly installed.

if the guy is a certified installer, he should already known to have done all of this....

b

tamahome 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

Which security light would u mean?  And yeah,  we tried to have people in the car, brakes down and released, pull up parking break, and open the door, close the door, and wait 2 min for car to run.  This puts it in reservation mode without a problem....then we stuck the key in and tried to remote start it while the key is in and still does the same thing.  It just tries to start the car but can't and tries 3 times.....=X

cableguy13011 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
check the tach programing or test the starter wire from the alarm and from the switch with the key
Cableguy!!!
tamahome 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

How important is the tact learning?  I don't think we let the car idle down b4 we let the brain learned the tach.....could this have anything to do with the problem?  I'll mention to test the starter wire frfom the alarm and from the switch next time....but nething else that could cause this problem?

cableguy13011 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

very important because it learns the rpm of the car .

Cableguy!!!
tamahome 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
So letting it learn the tach without it idling down could cause the remote start to malfunction? =X  it learned the tach @ about 1.2 rpm,  my idle is around 800....I wonder if this is the problem

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic