installation prices

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2003 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
to those whom own shop or know the pricing:
i install alarm as a hobby and i was wondering how much do ppl out there would charge for:
1)keyless/security
2)#1 and remote start
3)add bypass to it
4)trunk solenoid
5)window module
6)other stuff i forgot to mention......
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
anyone...... or is this strictly confidential?
Houston,TX
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

1.  depends on the vehicles wiring/factory security

2.  depends on the vehicles wiring/factory security

3.  depends on the vehicles wiring/factory security

4.  depends on the vehicles wiring/factory security

5.  depends on the vehicles wiring/factory security

6.  depends on the vehicles wiring/factory security

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
pro...there is alot of factors......you have the cut throats...you have the chop shops.....i would call around and get some prices...and then offer something that no one else does...i get most of my work from co workers..(Fire Rescue) i give them a good price and i end up with more jobs...word of mouth..i am also mobile..the base alarm(depends on the person) starts around..$150.00 with your basic keyless....the $$$ goes up from there....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
geez sloth140........you dont have to shout or quote it harsh at me like that
anyways....
$150 with basic keyless? geez.....i prolly have been installing for free on ppl's car, pretty much. i didnt know it cost that much to get it install.
i heard a quote from circuit city, 160 for remote start/keyless/alarm and 40 more bypass and around 10 bucks for supplies.
Houston,TX
FullForce 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2003 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
well i run a mobile business so not alot of overhead
I used to do keyless for 149.99 until new store opens up and starts doing them for like 75 bucks. The 75 dollar keyless is the mini keyless entry that is pretty cheap to buy 1st of all. I now do the keyless for 75 also (basic installation) extra parts and wiring for trunks, etc. is extra.
An alarm/keyless combo I do for about 150 - 225 depending on the car and what the customer wants to control.
An alarm/remote start/keyless unit I do for 299.99 installed. If the car needs extra parts for locks, factory anti theft bypass, etc. then the price goes up usually no more than to 325. In comparison most stores around here charge 399.99 for the same unit plus extra parts and labor.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2003 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
I dont do many alarms or just keyless entry, so I do remote starters 99% of the time. I have a basic model I do starting at $155 installed. I have put in my top if the line extended range one way unit for $225, but I have since started to charge $245. I have a few models in between there, but I am trying to phase them out into just one in between model around $200. The 2 way units I start at $320 installed which is pretty cheap.
To bypass an anti-theft device is between $35 and $75 depending on the module needed. Databus interface kits are about $40 (These all depend on the cost of the bypass and databus interface modules which have come down in price a little)
I plan on charging extra to hook up trunk release, keyless entry, factory disarm and rearm, turning off radio after shutdown, etc. But if I look at the wire information and those installations are easy to get at and wont take too much extra time or effort I use those as selling points saying "I can hook the keyless up for no extra charge", or "trunk release is easy to get I can do that", and so on.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2003 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Jrilla,
Do you feel it isnt worth having more than one cheaper model around in the line up?
Or, is this from a capital expense stand point in what moves, and what doesn't?
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2003 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
I actually wish my cheapest unit was the one around $200 since it has the same quality as my top of the line unit. The only reason I have had more than one is I am trying to find a reliable unit for a good price. In order to do this I had to accept a slightly higher costs for certain units to try them, and then they ended up being a midrange unit. I am hopefully at that point now where I have a unit that will be reliable and still be in production in a couple years.
I will always have that realy cheap unit since I have established a reputaion for being inexpensive enough for almost anyone in town, and i live in a pretty cheap town.
The bottom of the line unit moves very well, so it will always be there.
I'm not sure I answered your question exactly.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2003 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, that was perfect . . . How many different brands do you currently carry?
I have seen over the years that many of the big box retailers have gone away from selling 3-4 brands to only 2.
Whereas, I have seen many smaller stores carrying 2 strong selling units to three.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic