icon

infinity 1232w sub 1200watts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
do any of you guys know how good these subs are? they are dual 4 ohm with 300w rms and 1200w peak..i am looking at putting it in a 96 s10 straight cab truck.or should i stick with the 2 10" alpine type s subs? what would be a good amp for the infinity sub? thanks again to all that take the time to help us ROOKIES out.....
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
dual 4 ohm? hmm... i must be getting old. I thought the reference series only came with single 4 ohm. Anyways, A buddy of mine had a set of these, he ran them with a p.o.s. audiofonics "800w" amp, and they sounded pretty damn good. I'm not sure what kinda budget you are working with, so if u could tell us how much you are willin to spend, we can find a good match for those subs.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

Strange... I have a pair of those exact subs sitting right in front of me, right now.  I bought them off eBay for... 129 shipped & handled, for the both.  They are dual voice coils, each running 4 ohms (i opened the box and looked myself, hehe.)  The Reference series started to produce DVC on it's sub lines last year.  I have heard these subs before... and I have to say, if you pair them with the right amp they hit extremely well but they still retain an excellent SQ.  It's a good buy for your money.  I run all Infinity in my car, and originally I was going to go with the 12.1D Perfects, but they were too pricy for me so I stuck with these puppies.

fatdaddyjoe - I can tell you what I'm gonna do with my subs, and then maybe you can base your ideas off that?  OK... I'm dropping them into a ported box, made from 1" MDF.  1" polyfill lining all the way around except for the face that holds the subs.  Slotted ports tuned for 30.0 Hz, area of that is 12.56 inches, so you could make it 6 inches high, 2.09 inches long, and 12.26 inches deep.  The deepness will not change with the type of port you use, but I recommend a slotted one.  The reason I chose a ported box is because it will hit harder then the sealed with the same amount of power.  Your going to want 2.0 cubic feet of airspace per sub, so what I'm going to do is build one big box, divide it in the middle and seal them from each other.  As for wiring, I'll be wiring the subs in series, look at my diagram to do this here.  The amp I will be using to power this beast will be a Rockford Fosgate 601S, which will pump out 300W RMS per channel, 2 channels for two subs... It's a perfect match.

Anyways, I hope this points you in the right direction... Remember, if all else fails, look on eBay.

Peace,

--mindctrl

fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
well i am only going to run 1 infinity sub what amp would work for that and im wanting to spend $200 or less on the amp...........
can you feel it ?????
mindctrl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

Then I would recommend another Rockford Fosgate, something that pushes either 150W x 2, or 300W x 1.  A Class D would probably give you more for your money.  Mono amps in the Rockford Fosgate family have a "M" on the end of the number, like 301M.  If you can't find one of those, I would recommend a 151S Fosgate... It'll run you about 100-150 bucks depending on where you get it... Look on etronics.com

--mindctrl

fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
i am not to favorable with fosgate what else would you recomend?? what about jbl ?thanks
can you feel it ?????
mindctrl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

Weeeelll... I'm not well versed in JBL amps, I have heard good things about them however.  I would just recommend going on eBay and typing in JBL, then clicking on the car audio/amplifier category...  Then going to buy it now, and sorting from lowest to highest prices.  Also, check out ikesound.com.  Just a few ideas.  Get something that pumps out 300W x 1 or 150W x 2 at a stable 4ohm load.  Any questions?

--mindctrl

bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
look into the JBL BP300.1. It will push 300 watts RMS at 2 ohms. the cheapest I have found it was on ebay. other than that look at ikesound.com
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Try Etronics.com. they are great and have amazing shipping.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
thanks to all for your help HAPPY HOLIDAYS
can you feel it ?????
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic