icon

Edit Posts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Is it possible to make the software to allow the Author(s) to re-edit the posts, after someone has replied?
I have noticed that if I am the last person to reply, the option to edit is there. But if someone replies after me, there is no such option.
Could you add this feature in? I think it would save viewing pages, if the Author could simply include the information in his original posting which was omitted.
Just my thoughts.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

If someone has already replied to your post in a topic, then no, you may not edit that previous post. If you were to edit these posts, members would have to read and re-read through each post in the topic everytime they view the respective topic. This would obviously make it more difficult to follow the progression of most topics. So while it is possible to enable editing for all posts, I hope you understand why it won't be done. 

Edit Posts - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
Has this been tried before, and the outcome you have discribed occured?
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you asking for the ability to edit your original post after someone has already posted a reply to it? If so, why and how do think this would benefit anyone on this site versus the way we are doing it now?
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
I like it that way, in some forums people go and change old posts and nothing makes sence anymore, or people delete everything. So I like the way it is...
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, I understand what you two mean now. I guess when you come from a forum that has this feature, you tend to miss it.
Because there are times when I have written something and thought I expressed all my ideas fully, when in fact it was not *AS* clear or concise as it could have been the second time around.
If its a problem, don't worry about it.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
the12volt 
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

You can always post a reply to clarify your initial post if need be, but allowing everyone to go back and edit posts that have already been replied to just doesn't make any sense to me. Doing so would make the forums less useful and definitely more difficult to follow as I explained before.

BTW, it's never a problem to hear new ideas.

Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. Edit Posts - Last Post -- posted image.
the12volt 
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
You're welcome ;)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic