icon

04 Ram Factory Alarm Question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thought I would try this question here since I cannot seem to get a clear answer from either the Dodge dealer or Chrysler.
My truck came from the factory with the Sentry Key immobilizer and keyless entry, but no alarm, seems each function is a seperate option, I would like to add whatever it takes to add the alarm, seems like it would be simple but not so or so I am told, Chrysler said all I had to do was add the EVS module, the dealer said that option has not worked on the installations they have attempted
I do not want to add an aftermarket alarm or have additional remotes, I just want to do what would appear to be simple
If anyone has any experience with this senario or can offer any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Bob
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
we did a remote start on a 02 dodge dakota two years ago and last month he had a problem with the dimmer switch and it took out functions of the body control mod in the drivers kick, the truck cam back to me because my keyless was not unlocking the doors anymore, after alittle searching i came to the conclusion that the truck did not have factory alarm anymore so i had to change my lock wiring to work without factory alarm, so you shluld be able to get whatever that control is called and have factory alarm.
zargon ruler of estranorth

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic