icon

2002 Silverado stereo suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
99-2door 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
oh and the BOSE system has only been available in trucks 2003-up.  Yes, some SUVs had it as early as 99, but trucks only after 2003
bpunzel 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  
There isnt any kind of a converter or anything like it to allow you to run an external amp from any factory headunit using banna plugs. The only way would be to connect the headunit to the amp using the high input of the amp.
143.5 Spl
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

99 2 door thanks for the info on the bose. Ya the jack bolts down in back. Its a good place for it I just want to make sure I can get at it if I should ever need to hopefully I won't. It was the MTX thing that I saw. I have since seen the Q forms in their magazine which looks ok. Once I get the sub choice made Im leaning toward kicker because we have a local store that sells them and I know the owner hes always treated me pretty good. I dont know where to get eclipse other than online which could be a pain if there are any problems with it.

If I decided to use separates in the front door would I need to make a special bracket? Id go with a 6 1/2 and a tweeter. Also any problems getting the door panels off the front and back doors of this vehicle? Anything I need to know not to break anything?  Thanks for all the help here so far.

bpunzel I have seen aftermarket converters that convert the signal to low level just in case your amp doesnt accept high level inputs. 

All replies are welcome thanks alot.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic