2002 Aurora Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cica 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

I'm trying to install a bypass unit on a 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora.  Has anyone managed this one before?  I think they sent the key cylinder down the assembly line and built the car around it.  Does anyone know how to access the pass-key III module wiring on this unit? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tom

serialthrlla 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
what bypass are you using, and why do you need to get to the module,    we don't carry the 555g at our shop but we use the DEI 555u on PK3 cars,   they lose a key but you just put a ring around the key cylinder
serialthrlla 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
NM, I read you question better,   on some of those Oldsmobile, you can take the underdash off the d side. you can cut some platic out to get to the ignition harness
cica 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Again

I was able to take enough of the dash off to finally get a look at the Passkey 3 module and wiring harness.  All the app notes and wiring diagrams I've seen indicate I should be looking at a 5-wire harness:

Violet - N/C

Black - Ground

Orange - Battery

Violet - Data Line

Pink or White - Ignition

Instead, to my surprise, I'm staring at a 3-wire harness with 3 wires: black, white and yellow. 

The part I'm trying to interface is a PKG4.  It's supposed to be able to learn the resistance and mimic the PK3. 

Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at?

Thanks

-Tom

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like Passlock II. Does your key say "PK3" on the metal shaft?
cica 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
Sounds like Passlock II. Does your key say "PK3" on the metal shaft?

Yes, the key does say "PK3".  And, if I follow the 3 wires down, they go into the wiring harness.  I am totally baffled as to why there are only 3 wires and what these colors represent. 

csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Yes there are those colors also but those are not the wires you are looking for. If you can't find the pk3 wires easily, try taking out the radio and looking from that side. I remember doing this car and it definitely was a passlock 3, but I can't remember the exact location. The key sense wire will probably be in a different place though
cica 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  

csorb wrote:
Yes there are those colors also but those are not the wires you are looking for. If you can't find the pk3 wires easily, try taking out the radio and looking from that side. I remember doing this car and it definitely was a passlock 3, but I can't remember the exact location. The key sense wire will probably be in a different place though

Thanks for your reply.  Am I definitely looking for a 5-wire harness with violet, black, orange, violet and pink or white?  I thought I got a pretty good look at the key cylinder.  There are some other wires coming out of the cylinder, but I haven't seen a 5-wire harness with those colors.

-Tom

cica 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Also, if I pull the radio, is the theftlock is going to activate?
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Not if you don't unplug it. I'm not sure which radio that one has but if it is the "Din and a half" version, you should be able to disable the unlock feature by holding down the "1" and the "4" and then pressing the hour button to get"---". Then when you turn off the car the red light won't blink and you can pull the radio.
The other GM radios will not lock unless they are put into another car.
The wires on that car are all small guage wires. I would not necessarily be looking for a seperate harness as they might be found mixed with the other wires coming down from the main harness. Also. Make sure to power up the white ignition wire which controls the trans, otherwise you might find yourself carrying it off to a deaer ON A FLAT-BED.
Gotta do. Good luc
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic