the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installing Amp for Mids and Highs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
HI, guys i got am amp for my mids and highs but i have never intalled an amp for mids and highs, I have a Pioneer Graphics equalizer, which have three output, front, rear, and subwoofer, and my amp comes with the high level imput ( with 8 wires coming out) and three two Imput for channel 1-2-3-4 and one output, NOw MY speaker are two pair of component system.   But i dont know how to connect, i was told that i dont need to use the High level imput... Can anyone xplain that to me.
thank you
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of amp did you purchase it does have RCA input's dosent it?   most amps do if not you will have to use your fatory speaker wires to the assigned color on the amp high intput...FR to FR FL to FL ect..you can get the colors for your car in this site it will be a little bit of a pain to run the front wires to the rear of the car thought..check and see if it has rca's that ios the easiest way to hook up
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Sebastian018 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
its sa lightninh audio S4.300
mannuakl is right here
http://www.lightningaudio.com/latech/library/amplifiers/2000_Strike4ChAmps_MAN.pdf
S4.300
Go to page 3 and you will see
Id does have two pairs of RCa imputs and one Output.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
if this amp is for your mids and highs you need to run the front and rear channels from your eq, to the amp inputs (rca)   you can adjust your crossover at the eq and then set the same at the amp if there is any type of eq on it
2007 World Record
Sebastian018 
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
ANd thats It. I thought I will have to run some wires to the radio or to the speakers, ANd do you really feel the difference, My speakers are rated front pioneer Component system (40x2 w rms) and the rear infinity component system (75x2 w rms)
and the amo is 30x2 front and 90x2 .
Is that good for my speaker or is to low...
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
that will be fine, you will notice the difference between the pioneer and the kappa's you should look into upgrading the front to kapp's as well in the future. the only wires that will need to go to your radio will be the remote wire.   you will have to run speaker wire to all your speakers from the amp, and you will have to run rca's from you radio to your eq then from your eq to your amp...typicalls one set of rca's from radio to eq, and then 2 to your high pass amp and one set to your sub amp
2007 World Record
Sebastian018 
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, SO ok, two more questions are weare done.,...
are the rating from the speaker are fine to the amp. (the space fron the front speakers are only 4" so i cant get anything highers.
Is this the way to connect it, I cut all the speaker wires coming out from the radio and I connect it to the amp (but to which Connection, to the high level imput and or to thew speaker connections, if you are looking at the mannual on page 3 to the connection with the letter A or E.   and I left the eight wires fron the radio not connected, just to the amp, and the two pairs of rca front and rear from the amp, I connect to the equalizer not to the radio right.
thank you for your help
Sebastian018 
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
i have to run it to the crossover from each speaker
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
ok maybe there is some confusion....your best bet is to eliminate all stock speaker wiring..here is your wires from a to b..From your radio run one set of rca's to your eq, disconnect all speaker wires from the back of the radio to the harness as they will not be required anymore. run your remote wire to the amp from the radio.    Thats step 1     Step 2 from your eq run 2 sets of rca's front and rear to your mid/high amp. your eq may require 12+ and ground and remote sources, these should come from the same supply as your radio best is to tap into the radio harness for these sources. Step 3   run NEW speaker wire to all the speakers in your vehicle and connect to the speaker OUTPUT   you will not use the high pass inputs for anything in this install you can tape them off. so again the stock speaker wires are eliminated. disconnect them from the speakers and hook up your new wires from the amp
2007 World Record
Sebastian018 
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
oh, ok i got it,,
SO i run the rca from the eq to the amo, front and rear, i cut the speakers wires from the radio and I connect it to the Speaker Output of the amp, (those speakers wires goes from the amp to the crossover of the speakers.... AND that will be all.. OK I have the chance to get a soundstream 60wx4 or the lighting audio, which one would you get.
thank you
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic