icon

double pulse unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Brandenbmx 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  

I am looking for a diagram to run a double pulse un lock for the kia sportage that I am working on.

I was also told to just wire up 2 relays and a actuator on the drivers door to activate al the locks. This works But took to much time.

So for the next time that I am doing a alarm ect. that doesnt have double pulse I would like to know how I can wire up a relay to double pulse.

tek, You know alot about relays, do you know how to do this?

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
Here's a link to Design Tech's double unlock pulse diagram. Never had to use it, but it should work..
Design Tech Double Unlock Pulse Diagram
Good luck,
Mike
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing I would like to add to this thread is that you may have to try a few different capacitor values, to obtain the correct delay time, from the first, to second pulse.
You can use Design Techs base line of caps indicated on the schematic. So it would be a good idea to get a few caps in the range between, just incase the door is finicky.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
BRANDENBMX wrote:
tek, You know alot about relays
I dont know alot about relays per say. I just so happen to have learnt alot from blowing up a few ! double pulse unlock -- posted image.
You learn by doing, and interacting with the circuit to which you want to know more about.
I would encourage everyone to do the same, in a controled environment.
* Knowledge is power ... But only if that knowledge is applied in a manner, which promotes positive results in others *
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Brandenbmx 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

LOL :P I think that is his way of saying try it and see what you can get to happen cause I dont have a clue. LOL That is cool though. I just wanted to let you guys know that I ended up just wiring up a actuator and the 2 relays for it. The car is weird it doesnt have power locks per say, but it does lock or unlock all the doors when unlocked or locked with the key. so instead of  all that double pulse junk I got it to work easy. I GOT LUCKY

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
<<<The car is weird it doesnt have power locks per say, but it does lock or unlock all the doors when unlocked or locked with the key. so instead of all that double pulse junk I got it to work easy.>>>
Pretty common for Kia. If there is no factory actuator in driver door, I don't think that double pulse diagram is gonna do you much good. Most cars like this require the added actuator and 2 relays as you did..
Mike
LittleBill 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
haha subaru has the same practice

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic