GMC Pickup keyless doorlocks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfburns 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
hi
I have a 2001 GMC Pickup with keyless entry. I love the truck.. But one thing makes me curse it to no end.. I have to hit the Unlock button twice to unlock the passenger door!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Does anyone know of a way around this??
I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I open the truck, drive to a client's to pick up some stuff. Then my arms are usually full of equipment and I find the damn passenger door is locked! GMC Pickup keyless doorlocks - Last Post -- posted image. ( only the drivers door was unlocked) Then I curse and swear while I juggle stuff the get the door unlocked.
GM Note this: If I find another brand of truck that opens both doors at the same time.. I won't be buying your brand again! Who thinks of these moronic things! Its these little pain-in-the-butt things that customers remember most!
It should be fairly easy to make both doors open together.. any one know how?
GMC Pickup keyless doorlocks - Last Post -- posted image.
JeremyB 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Check your owner's manual, I think you can set it up with a key sequence or something. I know you can disable the doors locking automatically when a certain speed is reached(25 mph?) by following the instructions in the manual
hieghts 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
The driver door unlocks first for security reasons. When you unlock it in an unsafe area i.e. dark parking garage, someone could be hiding on the passenger side and hop in and car jack you when you unlock them both at the same time. With drivers door unlock first you can get into a safe area before unlocking the rest of the doors. Its a pain in the butt but their just looking out for you.
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

yep, driver door priority access can be programmed for various functions, read your owners manual as jeremyb suggests, and you'll see how to do it.

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic