icon

Head light flashers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
I was looking at purchasing several sets of the Varad Headlight flashers.  I was curious if anybody has used this product before.  I wanted to know about how bright they are and if the flash is adjustable.  I was planning on hooking them all up to a single relay that turns on from - pulse from alarm.  I would prefer if they did not flash together so I wanted to make sure that they are adjustable.  If not adjustable does anybody know how to make them flash separately.  I think I'm gonna use 7 pairs of lights.  Thanks.
ShaunD912 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

Another option is for me to use the plain old hyper led's but they do not flash.  Maybe somebody knows an easy and inexpensive way to make them flash alternately.  I could probably do either way, the hyper led's or headlight flashers.  I guess I'm asking for suggestions.

sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

Um, look at a wig-wag flasher unit...a twenty dollar unit at http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProductDetail.jsp?item=FS039 should be sufficent..BUT you cannot adjust the rate on it.. (unless you know some electronics tricks)

Also, you could build a real simple one using a turn signal flasher and a relay but it might be cheaper to buy the above. Remember you would need to wire in something before the box so that the pulse signal turns to constant...i dont know how to do that..but im sure somebody here does.. Head light flashers -- posted image.

sparkyssb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

ah hah...look at this for the extension of power:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=2319

Hope this helps...

ShaunD912 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks sparkyssb

I can switch the output of alarm to be latched so that's no problem.  Let's see, I'm planning on hooking up 7 pairs of these lights throughout my truck.  One led in each light housing.  I'm going to run all 7 pairs off one relay.  I know they will flash fine with the flasher unit.  The thing I'm wondering about is are they all gonna flash together, like at the same time?  I'd like for them to flash separately.  I might need something to delay the time voltage goes from the relay to the flasher module of each pair of lights?  If such a thing exists.  Anyway, that's what I'm trying to find out.

markb 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have  a solution. For the most attention getting effect, I would use Whelen 400 series LED lightheads. These are a great product used wideley by police vehicles. They have about 15 different flash patterns built in to them, and all you have to do is supply 12volts  to them. they flash themselves. They could all be on a different flash pattern, speeding up , slowing down, whatever. you can get a variety of colors, too. Very simple to install, VERY attention getting, very durable. 
-Mark
sparkyssb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

ShaunD912,

Now, you want to put them on one relay for the power?  Just do two relays and have the 2 outputs of the flaher unit go into each one..so you wire half of the set of lights into one relay then the other half into the other..

now, the only thing is that only half of the sets of lights would flash then the other half will flash while the other half is off.. but you can wire them all over the place to look like they are seperate.

or are you looking for a random effect?

(sorry if im not understaning correctly Head light flashers -- posted image.)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic