2001 Windstar 555u Ungo RS-151

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jherrick 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

Hi. 

I am trying to get my Ungo RS-151 remote start ( http://www.clarion.com/ungo/ungofm.htm) and DEI 555u transponder bypass to work. 

What is happening is every time I start the van, the engine shuts off within 2-3 seconds and the THEFT light pulses on the instrument panel. 

I have the key in the 555u programmed correctly, it starts the van fine in the ignition switch.

I have the red wire of the 555u connected to 12V constant, the blue wire to the - when running on the Ungo, and the white not connected.  I have the loop wrapped around the ingnition switch, near the factory ring.

I tried the key that was on my keychain in the 555u just in case, but same result.

I have tried a 4001 diode on the brake switch to isolate that, I have tried a 50 Ohm resistor on the parking light switch to isolate that, and I have tried using the power sensing and the tach sensing on the RS module.  The way this one works is that there is a DIP switch inside the module that changes it from the tach sensor to the power sensor.

I have connected an Ignition 2 wire that is hot only in Run and Accessory.

I am out of ideas.

Questions:  I programmed the key according to regular programming procedures, in the ignition switch.  Do I need to put the key in the 555u, get everything mounted where it needs to be, and then program it with the two originals?  Meaning one key, light off, two key, light off, remote start?  How would this be different than what I have done?

Could anyone offer any other solutions?

jherrick 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  

OK.  I tried the reprogramming and it didn't help.

I had found a lot of posts telling about the tach connections and how a bad one could make your day miserable, but I was convinced I had the correct connection.  Bulldog Security wiring diagram and quite a few other wiring diagrams gave me the pink/white wire on the PCM.  After searching many posts here I came across this post: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=607&KW=windstar+wiring titled   Topic: 2002 ford windstar wiring diagram .

I found the dark blue/light green wire at the rear of the engine (pain to get to, by the way) and hooked it to the tach sensor on RS and all works fine!

THANK YOU VELOCITY MOTORS for that post that distinguishes between the remote start and alarm and keyless wiring.

Jim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic