the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Mazda 626 transponder bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brunetmj 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
I need help with a Mazda transponder bypass. It is a ’00 626 V4. There are no “keyless’ kits available and the universal transponder bypass does not work. I found a diagram for using the OEM transponder /ignition ring and a relay to use as a bypass. It involves using this ring with a key in it (somehow?) and wiring it in parallel with the existing OEM transponder/ignition switch.
Has anyone seen this or done it? I cannot find the instructions!!
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
There are many good universal bypasses that work. You simply place a valid key ( on which will start the car) inside the box. The head of the key will go inside a coil of wires usually looks like a large ribbon cable. The kit is activated by an ignition source and a ground out when running source from the remote starter. The last piece of the kit is a loop of wire that plugs into the kit's module. The loop on the end of the wire must be placed as close to the end of the ignition cylinder as possible. You must remove the trim around the column and place the loop so that it goes around the ignition cylinder. You will see a plastic loop around the end of the cylinder. That is the factory coil. Keep your coil right against it. Secure it in place so it won't move
sparky
muaiad97 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
thre is one good unversal bypass #791 works for all cars
brunetmj 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes thanks. Unfortunately those universal bypass units do not work as I tried one already. At least I could not get it to work. There is another way. It is the other way that I am asking about. It involves the use of OEM 2nd transponder ring and I think I may need a 2nd ignition barrel as well as a relay.
This OEM ring is just a black piece of plastic with two white wires ending in a two pin connector.These white wires have to be spliced in some way into the existing ones. The relay has to be grounded by the remote starter. Has anyone done it this other way?hmm. i have a feeling i am alone on this one...
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
hi try this it works great take 22 guage wire wrap 6times around head of key leaving wire at endsecure wire to key by wrapping with tape then go up to ign wrap 6 times around ing secure wire then backdown to the relay wire as follows pin 87 to on side of 22 guage wire pin 30 to other side pin 85 to 12 v pin 86 to bypass trigger from rs let me know how you makeout with this cheap solution if it works
good luck
kirk
brunetmj 
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
I may try that. So the relay setup is 85 (12 volts)and the ground (86) is from the remote starter.
the 22 gauge wire is run to 85 and 30? Is that correct?
When you say the 22 gauge wire goes from 30 to ign did you mean the ignition barrel? and then to the head of the key.? Am I reading that correctly?
So head of key to ignition barrel to 30 and 87?
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
hi yes the wire just wraps around  the key head and the ing column were the transponder ring is
good luck
kirk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic