icon

99 mustang aftermarket h/u

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

just removed the h/u and cd player of a 99 mustang srs, the aftermarket h/u will not play any sound the the stock speakers. is there a stock amp that i need to by pass., and/or is there some security device that needs to be bypassed?

TIA
Quad L Handyman services
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you probably have some form of premium sound, possibly even the mach system.  You can get a interface harness through Metra and turn on the factory amp,  or bypass them.
Focusedonsound 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

I can't beleive that you just called your mustang a "Mustang SRS" but it was worth the laugh so I am going to help you anyway!

There is a few things you should know about The mustang so im going to start slow.

First I am assuming that you have the Mach 460 or as some call it the Premimum Sound Package.

This system have 3 amps in the car already.  1 for the Rear subs (thats what they call the 6.5) one for the Front sub (6.5) and 1 for the Tweeters front and rear. Now you would think that they are coming out of the back of the radio as low level out puts but they are not.  There is a decent amount of power coming from the back of that radio. 

In order to not re-wire the car it would be necessary to Aquire 2 adapters from 2 1 from Scosche and the other is from Metra  I don't have the 2 model numbers off the top of my head but I will look them up and get back to you. 

Also note that when using these you come out of the back of the radio using your Stereo Level Connections not line level (RCA)  and being that this is how it gets wired you WILL receive a pop/feedback when the radio is first powered up.

So as a conclusion My recomendation is. Run new Wires.  Use the connectors to tap into the power and such but run new wires for all your speakers.

Hope that answers some of your questions!

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
sry if something was wrong with that, i am definately a chevy fan and am just trying to be a good sport for a friend. we found a amp underneath the stock cd player late last night and are going to search for the bypass harness. is the other amps? if so where can we find them in the car?
Quad L Handyman services
Focusedonsound 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

Yes there should be 2 more amps... There is one located under the package tray and there is one located under either under the back seat or I want to say the passanger front seat.  (Can't remember off the top of my head.

As for bypassing the amps .. I haven't seen a by pass kit all I have seen is the adapters to make it work with an aftermarket radio.  Thats what I have running in my car right now. 

seriously ...you might be better off just running new wires to the back of the car (its worth the 15 min it will take ... as for the front speakers again you might be able to catch the door speaker wires in the kick panels some where ..

Good luck ...

As for my comment about the car ... If I didn't bust on you ... I wouldn't be a true ford man. !

Have a great New Years (even if you are a chevy guy)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic