icon

2004 Nissan Maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know of a company who is manufacturing stereo install kit's for 04 maxima's yet? I'm dying to put my aftermarket HU back in my car, I'm currently using line output converters and my sound is really suffering for it. I really love my Alpine aftermarket HU and would love to get rid of my bose factory radio.
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Metra has one, not quite released yet, but there will be one. 99-7404
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

outtaluck72,

Thanks for the reply, how did you find out that they are releasing this kit? Also do you have a rough date on when they will release it?

outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
i believe the maxima kit should be out in a couple of months. it might be on display at this years CES show in Las Vegas. Vegas baby!
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have asked this question before but here it goes again. Has anyone seen a install kit that will work for a 2004 nissan maxima, I have one and I'm dying to put my alpine cda9815 back in. Right now I'm using high output converters to convert the signal for my amps but I feel that sound quality is suffering tremendously because of it. I have a set of JL Audio XR650 compenents running off of a JL Audio 350/4 and a couple of Memphis HPO's running off of a Memphis 1000D. I just am not getting the clarity I used to get when this was installed in my 2000 max. Maybe it's the converters I'm using but in order to get the sound to the level's I want I have to have the gain turned up about 2/3's of the way and of course I am getting background noise because of it. I'm using PAC high output converters that has variable output by turning a little knob in the converter I have played with the knob to try to balance the signal better but to no avail. So back to my question, does anybody know of a company producing radio install kits for the '04 maxima yet? I have tried metra and scosche already, it has been suggested to me that I should have the HU customer installed but am nervous about letting someone cut into my dash. If anybody has seen an install on my type of car and has pictures please post, thanks.
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
good luck getting to the radio in that car.  i did a 04 maxima a month ago i put a FM modulated sirius radio in it.  that radio was a pain in the ass to get to
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

I've got a car audio catalog and saw a picture of it,  Metra will be releasing on anytime soon. for info check their web site   http://www.metraonline.com

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic