icon

viper 791xv toyota tacoma double cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lurkin 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

ok i got the basics hooked up, but having trouble figuring out what some of the wires are for remote start.

primary harness H! 12 pin connector, the WHITE/ blue wire says remote start activation input..where does this connect?

remote start secondary harness H3 5 pin connector, gray (-)hood input zone one, goes to hood pin switch, i got a mercury switch under hood came with unit, do i ground one wire and hook other to the grey wire? if so it dont work.

here is the pdf for the alarm.  http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_6-03.pdf

does the nutral safty swith have to be hooked up to operate remote start?

thanks for all your help

mtl_4runner 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Funny, I am dealing with the same thing on a 1996 4Runner.  I am installing a Viper 550ESP which also has remote start.  I had another viper alarm in there already to installing the alarm part was easy.  The alarm works perfectly so no problems at all there.  Now I am having trouble with the remote start part.  I hooked up all the relays and it does not seem to work (I do not have the hoodpinswitch, brake switch, tach input or neutral safety hooked up yet.....but it did not seem that this would prevent it from starting).

Here are my relay hookups:

Red => white

Red => WHITE/ red

Pink => BLACK/ red

Pink => BLACK / YELLOW

Orange => Blue/Red

Purple => Black (w/ sliver dots)

I can take a pic if someone wants to see.

Lurkin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
ok i got my problem fixed...ground the neutral safety hook up. that fixed mine. iwould hook the brake and hood up too but my hood switch isnt workin right or at all for that matter..it wont trip the alarm. hook the tach up too.
mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

For the hood switch I found it needs to be a good ground to set off the alarm.  Make sure to grind off any paint under the pin and then repaint the assy after to ensure you don't get any rust.  Also you can skip grinding the paint and just run a second wire that connects the assy to the negative on the batt.  Either should work well.

Thanks for the tip on the neutral safety switch!

Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
I may be wrong, but unless your hoodpin has 2 wires going from it, it isn't supposed to set your alarm off, just cut the vehicle off when remote started if someone opens it. Or to not allow remote start when being serviced.
Tacomacrew
mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I got the car to start but I am having trouble finding the tach wire at the ECU.  I did not like to route it to the diagnostic port as it would not close when I routed it there.  If anyone knows which wire the tach is at the ECU let me know.  Thanks!
Lurkin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

i got mine from the back of the dash, belive it was GREEN / WHITE, its also on the right fender under hood at the ignitor.

mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Cool, I finally got it hooked up right!!!   I took my tach wire hookup from behind the instrument cluster on the dash.  It turned out to be a black wire in the center of the middle connector behind the cluster.  I just kept probing with my multimeter (set to AC not DC) until I found one that varied with engine RPM.  It was a bear to do it in the freezing cold and to have to tear even more of the dash apart.  I gave up on getting a signal fromt he ECU.....just too dificult for one person to do.  Much easier to just sit in the driver's seat and step on the gas while probing.  Worked great and I am finally ready for winter!
Lurkin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

this is on a 2001 tacoma double cab..4 door.

most of the time it locks fine..always unlocks, but on occasion it wont lock, seems like after it sits all nite it wont lock back till after i mess a bit, but once it starts workin again you can lock and unlock 100 times without fail.

know what the issue could be? i dont know exact wire colors used but there was 4 wires that would work the lock and unlock its neg. pulse. but 2 of the wires wouldnt work with the alarm and the other 2 would. if that makes sense. testing with a test light..touch he wire and it would lock or unlock on eack of the 4 wires but the alarm would only work on 2 specific ones.

think it could be a child lock issue?

RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
grey and purple in front of the fusebox. that should be all. these wires dont test with the switch but merely with a dmm and rocking the key in the passenger side door.
Someone pass me that bottle.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic