icon

Remote start 93 trans am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clearman 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a remote start on a 93 pontiac trans am. I can't get my start system to recognize the constant power ignition wire based on the diagnostic code I'm getting from the parking lights flashing. Is there two on this vehicle or am I missing something? Also, which wire on the coil will work for the tach signal?
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Make:   Pontiac
Model: Firebird, Trans Am
Year:    1993-95
This Database Was Last Updated On:    6/9/2003
Index #: 2688
Alarm
Constant 12 volts RED IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts PINK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light WHITE UNDER DASH COURTESY LIGHT OR PIN SW.
Trunk Pin Switch BLACK/ ORANGE (-) REAR HATCH PIN SWITCH OR DOME LIGHT**
Parking Lamp BROWN (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Power Lock LIGHT BLUE DRIVER KICK PANEL #203
Power Unlock DARK BLUE BEHIND INSULATION *
* If Equipped With OEM Keyless Entry: Lock- RED / BLACK, Unlock- ORANGE / BLACK At Keyless Entry Module In Passenger Kick Panel. Passenger Switch Is Primary Switch!! See Note #203. #203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram. ** This Wire Will Catch All Three Doors. Check For Dome Light Harness Behind Driver Rear Speaker.
Remote Start
Tach Signal WHITE (V6)AT DISTRIBUTOR,(V8) AT COIL
Ignition #2 ORANGE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #3 N/A
Accessory BROWN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety ORANGE / BLACK (-) GEAR SELECT SWITCH AT BASE OF SHIFTER
Brake Light YELLOW OR L BLUE (+) AT SWITCH ON BRAKE PEDAL BRACKET
Reverse Light LIGHT GREEN (+) GEAR SELECT SWITCH AT BASE OF SHIFTER
Rear Window Defrost   
VATS System Standard On 1995 Models, See Note #237. #237- See VATS Diagram.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, vehicle starts, runs, cuts off, everything but the starter keep turning longer than it needs to. It acts like it is not picking up the tach signal. I have it hooked to the white wire on the coil. Also, it still does not act like it is hooked up to the proper ignition wire. There are two pink wires in the ignition harness, both have 12 volts during run and crank. I guess it has 2 ignition wires. I have tried hooking into both and neither one fixes it.
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
nevermind...got it working.   Thanks for your help.
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
One more question. I am having a lot of trouble with the locks. I have found the RED / black and the ORANGE / black wires coming out of the keyless entry box on the passenger side. I have hooked into these wires and have used a separate power source to the relay and cant get anything. Do i need to use the dk blue and lt blue wires that go to the switch or how do I go about this. I cant find much on these 5 wire locks, but i have found plenty on the 3 wire locks. How do I do these?
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having trouble with the locks on a 93 Pontiac trans am. I hooked a relay with separate 12 volt power into the wire after the switch to bypass the BCM. The locks worked great for severla locks and unlocks, so I began putting the car back together. During the reassembly, I decided to try them again. Now, they will lock great using the new alarm remote, the factory remote, and both switches. The problem is with the unlock. I hooked into the driver's side wires coming out of the switch. Now, the passenger switch and the factory remote will unlock the doors, but it is extremely slow, sometimes taking two or three pushes of the button. Acted like a thermister, but let it cool and did no better.   The new alarm remote will not unlock them at all, even though it is giving them power. The driver side switch will not unlock the doors, but it will lock them. I dont know what to do now. Please help.
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
I wanted to add this to my post. When using the factory remote, the passenger side locks even when I push unlock. I must have a short somewhere. Anyone got any ideas?
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have taken the factory keyless entry box out and put jumpers from the orange and black to the tan wires and from the red and black to the gray wire. It does exactly the same thing as with the box connected. It acts like there is not enough amperage to power the unlocks. The driver actuator is getting 12 volts but does nothing on unlock. The switch is good. The actuator is good, I used wires from the battery and the actuator works. Any ideas?
clearman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start on my 93 trans am. When i turn the car off with the key, the radio stays on until i open the door as it should. Then, when i open the door, the radio and clock stay on (the clock is part of the radio), then the clock turns off, then a couple of seconds later, the radio turns off. What would cause this?
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
you powered up the brown accy wire didnt you?  that controls the circuit the radio is on (assuming that year has it).  if you just want your heater to run then use the orange accy wire only.  you shouldnt have to use both unless you want the radio on.  if it is staying on after you open the door then its probably getting some power backfeeding to it from the accy circuit.  i cant say this for sure because i havent had it happen to me, just an idea.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic