icon

FM Mod or Aux Input Adapter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raiderott 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a video system in my '98 Suburban and trying to decide the best way to connect to the factory audio. Looks like I can go with either a wired FM modulator or a 9 pin aux input adapter for about the same cost and effort to install. Any suggestions on one over the other?   Thanks

94mx-5 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
I would go with the input adapter over a modulator when given the choice, the modularors are great if you don't have the aux input but if you do then i would use that for sure...the modulator will give also give you around FM radio quality where as the AUX input wil give you a better sound with less chance of interferience. also the FM modulator will need a switch...overall the AUX input would be a lot easier.
richs 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
You may want to verify the aux input adapter. Most of the ones I have seen require that the vehicle has either a remote CD changer or the remote player in the dash/console. The reason they will not work as a stand-alone unit is that they do not provide the necessary data communication to the radio, they only interrupt the audio circuits.
SoundGate has a high performance wireless FM transmitter with a frequency response of 20Hz to 15kHz, which is far better than a standard FM modulator
Best Regards,
Rich

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic