icon

Programming Autostart Transmitters?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

Just did an Autostart AS1785SH (manual 2000 ft) in a 1995 Eagle Talon for a good friend as a favour.  Everything went slick except for programming the second transmitter it came with.  I could program one OR the other, but somehow could not get the unit to recognize both.

Can other autostart instlalers out there tell me what the proper method for programming BOTH xmitters is?  My pals an electronics engineer and 12 volt buff, so I'll just hand  off the info and he can do it.  The installation manual says nothing about the second xmitter....this is what I did:

"flash the hood pin  (down 4 seconds, up-down-up) ---- key on/off --- press and hold LOCK until 5 flashes.  I tried doing this and then pressing LOCK on the second xmitter, etc, and nothing....

any help would be great.

b

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

reset the moduel, it may have been a refurb and already had transmitters in memory.  When it gets pased its limit, it forgets one of the transmitters automatically.

You can't just uplug to reset it, you must go into programming and find the reset sequence.

ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

hi sometimesd you have to press lock a couple of times to get it to program ive also had them were  you had to program them one at a time.

good luck
kirk
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

to program remote, you "flash" hoodpin, ign-on-off and press LOCK twice.  park lamps flash 5 times.  I tried resetting the module (to do this, "flash" the pin, then press brake pedal 6 times consecutively and park lamps flash 8 times) and tried again.  could get either or to work, but not both....

I'm frustrated as hell with this....ck...you're saying you were able to program one remote, then flash in again and program the second normally?  I wonder if there is a problem with this unit???

b

ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
yes thats how i did it last night on the one i had to program two remotes tried to program both at ounce and didn't work tried one at a time and it worked. can you  get the remotes to work one at a time i now auto start has some 433 mhz and 336 mhz remotes i beleive maybe wrong frequency on one remote
good luck
kirk
titi0511 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

you should do as follow:

• Flash the hood pin  (down 4 seconds, up-down-up) ---- key on/off --- press and hold LOCK until 5 flashes => 1st remote programmed
  • Key ON/OFF --- Press and hold LOCK on the 2nd remote until 5 flashes => 2nd remote programmed.
  • Repeat step 2 for the next remote.

Try and let us know if it works. It works for me

Newbee

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic