icon

keyless entry 91 camaro

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cam91 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
hey everyone, i have a problem. i have a 91 camaro and i baught an alarm for it. it has remote start and keyless entry as well. well i have everything in my car and everything works fine except for the keyless entry. i connected it all like it said but the alarm doesnt wanna lock and unlock the doors for me and i dont know why? can anyone help? and also i cannot find the wire that pops my trunk as well. please help me i would really appreciate it. -rikki-
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

the doorlock system in your camaro is a positive pulse, look for light blue and black (or white) in the drivers kick panel.  Also, in that same harness, the trunk release wire should be black, and test +12V when the hatch is released.

b

cam91 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
ok so light blue should be lock and white or black should be unlock right? i would connect those to my alarm?
well my alarm has 3 wires for keyless entry, it has a green wire for the lock , a blue unlock and a red 12volt wire . maybe i just have it connected to the wrong wires. i mean i unplugged the harness that is connected to the lock and unlock buttons and tapped into that harness so that should be the right harness. im just going to switch my 12 volt wire to the 12vt wire in the ignition maybe that will work. right now its connected to an orange wire that tested 12vts.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
your lock/unlock output most likely are neg outputs...you need positive outputs.you will need relays....
Power Lock L BLUE DRIVER KICK #202
Power Unlock BLACK PANEL
#202- See Positive Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic