icon

2001 Civic remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
sorry cant help you w/ the remote start. either the clutch or the starter wire form the unit. does the car crank manually at all?
a lil tip: next time if youre to install another civic like that, drop down the whole fuse panel and from there it should be piece of cake. so you dont worry about messing up wire. pretty amazing how you got ur hands all the way up there.
btw....i used 555i(no key, only 4 wires hooking up to the transponder ring, i used gray key) and it works out great.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ossrom 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
ok....i'm not very familiar with your alarm how ever.....
to test your transponder you could power up the transponder and the car wires (ignition switch wire) manually and crank it with no key in the ignition......if transponder and wiring is good the car will start...... if wires are good but transponder is not it will only crank, if it doesn't even crank you need to recheck your wires...........
as far as setting your alarm into reserve mode, you need to read your manual more carefully, because you need to program the brain itself to recognize reserve mode, some alarms have a wire loop on the brain you need to cut, others you need to program bypressing a combination o bottons on your remotes......best advise take your time and re-read the manual carefully
crewdog10 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  

What is the purpose of the orange (antigrind/starter kill) wire on my remote starter?

If your remote starter has a built in starter kill relay, how do you wire it into the system?

In the starter relay diagrams, does (12v+ ign) refer to my car ignition, or the ignition (yellow wire from my remote starter)?

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
anti grind breaks the starter wire connection from the key cylander to the starter motor.  that way, if you put the key in and accidentally crank, the starter motor wont get the signal.  it is commonly called an anti grind circuit but its basically a starter kill.  the remote start will use the 12v+ constant wires to out put 12v+ through the ignition wires to the cars ignition harness.  thats what the relays control.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic